Ornate Uromastyx (U. ornata)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ornate Uromastyx (U. ornata)

Here are some pics of my Ornate Uro......

www.ReptileSuperShow.com

WOW!!! Gorgeous uro! Now I want one...
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Comment

Gosh, I love the Ornates.... beautiful animal!
      Mike
      www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

Cool Uro!! I love those colors . Reminds me of an easter Egg.
        ~ Cheers,Mandy

www.crestedjunkie.com

Comment

Cool. Nice Uro!!!
          ~Joe~
          1.1.2 Cresties (Tigger, Diego, Raisin and Peaches)
          0.0.1 Corn Snakes (Osiris)
          1.0.0 Beardie (Zeus)
          1.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Felix and Tarquin)
          0.1.0 Royal Python (Jazeira)

Comment

What a beautiful uro! Thanks for sharing.
            "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight;
            You gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight....."
            --Bare Naked Ladies

Comment

Gorgeous ornate uro. I'm getting one next year (captive bred). they are quite pricey, would you recommend an ornate?
              (¯`'·.¸..(¯`'·.¸ \\Megan// ¸.·'´¯)..¸.·'´¯)
              0.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Greta)
              http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/gecko_newbie/

Comment

Cool I used to have some Mali. That one is incredible
                Derek Dunlop
                DDReptiles
                www.DDReptiles.net
                Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

Wow I love the colors! I've recently gotten into uros too... I have a pair of high orange saharans. Maynard and Tori... I got 'em for $35 each at a wholesaler 'cause I had a friend of a friend that worked there! I've always loved the ornates though... Here are my two
                  Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
                  ~Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Gorgeuos!!! Absolutly stunning they dont look real! they look like the colours have been painted on!!

How big do those ones get? I thought they all got fairly big but a guy in a pet shop told me some didnt get so big. What size enclosure do they have?
                    www.TreasureCrest.co.uk

Whites tree frogs
                    Crested Geckos
                    Rhacodactylus chahoua

Comment

Yeah the color is what attracted me to them! This species also comes in yellow. The saharans (u. geryi) don't get very big- about the size of a small adult bearded dragon. I love them because they're so active- dancing around the sides of the enclosure and digging to no end. So much personality too. The ornates get a little bigger, though not much, and the egyptians are massive, getting up to 3 feet! I've heard a lot of people have different opinions about what size enclosure they need. The common thought for one saharan is a 40 gal. breeder tank- one with low sides and a lot of surface area. The more space you can afford to give them, the better. I'm going to build something for mine, but they temporarily live in a massive plastic tub. They do have some pretty specific light and temperature requirements though and can go downhill fairly quickly if those aren't met. I still cant get over the blue on those ornates! My cousin used to breed them, coal black and bright green, or yellow or blue, and that's what made me want one. It's been especially exciting to see the behavior change in them since I got them- they were w/c and pretty wild at first, but now they'll eat out of my hand!
                      Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!
                      ~Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

If you are interested in getting a nice C/B Uro, check out Deer Fern Farms.http://www.deerfernfarms.com/Uromastyx_Species.htm
                        www.ReptileSuperShow.com

Comment

They have the MOST awesome ornates I've ever seen... CRAZY colors. Definitely the best breeder out there that I know of.
                          ~Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Wow they are amazing! Thanks for the info, you can never tell how big they get from a photo! I'd love to keep some one day, when ive got a bit more practicse with heat and lighting! Good luck if you do go for an ornate! Please keep us updated! On all accounts, Verry cool animals!
                            www.TreasureCrest.co.uk

Whites tree frogs
                            Crested Geckos
                            Rhacodactylus chahoua

Comment

I've always wanted an ornate Uro! An this post just isn't helping.
                              -Eli
                              "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

Comment

Working...
                              X