Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good geckos for a desert natural vivarium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good geckos for a desert natural vivarium?

I am looking to put a pair of smaller geckos into a 10 or 15 gallon Natural desert set up. Any ideas? I am thinking vipers or bandeds, any others? Thanks

Helmeted geckos might work.
    Steve Page

1.1 Anery Hondos
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    0.0.3 crested geckos (hopefully more soon!)
    1.1 Hypo Tangerine Leopard Geckos
    0.2 SHCT Leopard Geckos
    0.1 Albino Leopard Gecko

http://www.freewebs.com/coastalherper/index.htm

Comment

oh yah forgot about those, I dont wanna spend more than 100 pr + shipping though.

Comment

Helmetds Like its wet.So desert i wouldent think of thouse.Maybe some spider geckos,frog eyd geckos,bandeds,vipers,web footed geckos,probly a copuple others.

Comment

Webfooteds and Spiders are good, they arent available that often though.

Comment

Ptydodactylus,Stenodactylus,Tarentola,Teratoscincu s.There are plenty of desert species out there.

Comment

many of those arent too common though. I wish I could find some of those cooler species.

Comment

Like I was complaining about in the chat for the 15mins I was there...spiders are insanely hard to get ahold of despite not being very expensive (comparatively). If I find anyone reliable Palex, I'll definitely let you know. I'd suggest vipers though if you want something easy, hardy, and has low space requirements.
                Honor and valor were long ago drowned by the very society they swore to protect.

8.10.9 Crested Geckos
                1.2 Gargoyle Geckos
                1.1 Tangerine Phase Albino AFT's
                0.3 Peach Phase Albino AFT's (two are striped)
                1.0 Bearded Dragons
                1.2 Viper Geckos
                1.1 Yellow-headed Cape Geckos
                0.1 Panther Geckos
                There'll be more, just you wait and see

http://www.celticisle.com/infernal_star/

Comment

South African geckos are probably your best bet. There are many species.

Some other ones off the top of my head, Frog-eyed geckos, Scorpion Geckos (though these are a little pricey).
                  Derek Dunlop
                  DDReptiles
                  www.DDReptiles.net
                  Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

With all due respect all of what i mentioned are very common and redily avaty availiilible.As far as Agamura persica goes Infernal star.They are pretty availible.

Comment

right now I am trying to track down P. Rangei or Hopefully P. Tigrinus!

Comment

Got em incubating and probably a few adults i am about ready to get rid of right now.

Comment

Working...
                        X