My Beared Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Beared Dragon

Here's a couple pics of my beardie, Cowboy. This little fella is SPOILED, lol. He has a nice 50 setup thusfar, even though he's only 6" at best. I'm still learning about these little guys and wondered if anyone out there who has beardies can recommend a great book? I've been reading up on care sheets and such, but would like to have a couple books on hand as well.

~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
    1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
    1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Nice looking P. vitticeps. And it's great to hear you have 'em setup in a large cage--they'll use every sqaure inch of it. I know Vosjoli has a good book out for their care, so you may want to give that a look. Nice pics by the way.
    -Harold
    CC Herps http://www.ccherps.com

Coming soon...

www.versatilevivariums.com

Comment

Very Cool, I have 2 beardies that are interesting, they love space I have Vosjoli's book (available at Petsmart, ebay, amazon) and it is a great reference.

Nice photos
      Derek Dunlop
      DDReptiles
      www.DDReptiles.net
      Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

OMG, that last photo is adorable!
        ~Sarah~
        www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Comment

Yeah, like those guys said, "The bearded Dragon Manual" by de Vosjoli, Mailloux, et al. is great! It's from www.avsbooks.com. I'm sure you can get it lots of places. I have it and like it very much.

Your beardie is so cute! I love their funny faces, and the fact that they all have different personalities.
          "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight;
          You gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight....."
          --Bare Naked Ladies

Comment

Harold: I at first had him in half of the 50 gal, but he acted like he wanted more room, so I took out the divider and he's as happy as can be. I really want to ensure that he has enough room as an adult. What size area do you suggest for a single male?

Derek & Rangergrrl: I'll definitely order the book, I have a few more I want to order as well, so might as well ship together. I am enjoying Cowboy so much, and want to make sure I provide him with the proper care.

Sarah: Thanks! I've really been striving to take better photos. Let me tell you it was hard to get Cowboy to cooperate with that one, lol. But, once he did I was extremely happy with the results!
            ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
            1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
            1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Comment

Working...
            X