What are these???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these???

Okay, I keep finding this pair of lizards hanging out, getting "tan" () on my basement window screen. (They live in the "Emergency Fire Exit" and seem pretty happy about it! Lol.) I throw crickets down there every now and again just to ensure that they're getting enough to eat since they won't let me catch them to move them. Hey, as long as they're happy... I'm happy.

But what are they???

Mystery "Window Lizards":
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

They look like fence lizards (Sceloporus) to me. I'm not familiar with the western species though.
    http://www.facebook.com/appalachian.ectotherms

Comment

Do you know if it's legal to catch them and keep them in Colorado? I know most states have a law against keeping native species. (I'm not really sure I'd want to keep them... I kind of like them hanging out around the house.)
      ~Sarah~
      www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Comment

I have no clue about the laws out there, but eastern fence lizards are pretty common here and are fine to keep. You might check the Colorado DNR website to make sure they're not threatened-if not, should be fine.

Originally posted by Crested Lady
        Do you know if it's legal to catch them and keep them in Colorado? I know most states have a law against keeping native species. (I'm not really sure I'd want to keep them... I kind of like them hanging out around the house.)
        http://www.facebook.com/appalachian.ectotherms

Comment

They kinda look like Sagebrush lizards (in the fence lizard family) But I am not 100% sure

Neat Lizards, they should come hang over here with my green anoles that hang around my house
          Derek Dunlop
          DDReptiles
          www.DDReptiles.net
          Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

Originally posted by Crested Lady
            Cool Lizards! I think you should give it a shot, lol. From my personal legal standpoint, what would it hurt to house them over the winter? To make sure they are fat and happy come spring? Let me know if you do, I think it would be neat!
            ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
            1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
            1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Comment

Working...
            X