Field herpers, post your pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field herpers, post your pics

I live in WV where most of our herps are salamanders. I've found a good variety of different types of herps around the house though. Here are a few, now lets see some pics of what you've found in your neck of the woods.

http://www.facebook.com/appalachian.ectotherms

that red spring salamander is a beauty!! I've found one once in the shenandoah. Awesome finds and thanks for the pics!!
    It is truly an upside-down world we live in where lies are truths, criminals are our nations’ leaders, and Satan’s minions are considered men of God.

Comment

OK here is some of my Arizona Field Herping pics.

Blacktail Rattlesnake

Mojave Rattlesnake

Desert Coral Snake

Tiger Rattlesnakes

Gila Monster

Comment

Wow Matt, you've come across all those species while herping in AZ? I'd like to see a gila monster in the wild! Awesome
        It is truly an upside-down world we live in where lies are truths, criminals are our nations’ leaders, and Satan’s minions are considered men of God.

Comment

Wow, that blacktailed rattler looks nice. I haven't come across any of our venemous species in the wild yet, but that's ok by me.
          http://www.facebook.com/appalachian.ectotherms

Comment

Originally posted by Da Lumpynutz
            Wow Matt, you've come across all those species while herping in AZ? I'd like to see a gila monster in the wild! Awesome
            Yup and many more, It's kinda become my mission to find all of the venomous reptiles in Arizona, but I've been stuck on the Mountain rattlesnakes, I've wasted two trips looking for them and I got skunked both times. Im hoping to be out there this July/August.

Comment

good luck matt! post some pics of what you find! I go herping for turtles and I've got about 19 different turtle species to my name. It's kinda difficult when you look for certain species, but it's a challenge and I enjoy it.

Comment

Matt- you lucky dog, finding a desert coral. I like the gila as well.

I don't have many pics of my reptile trips but the other day I was out riding my bike after a good rain and found a HUGE alligator snapper in the road. This guy I swear had to weigh as much as me and was mean as hell. I finally got him moved into a nearby river.
                Derek Dunlop
                DDReptiles
                www.DDReptiles.net
                Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

Yeah I love finding reptiles in the wild, theres nothing else like it. Some people jump out airplanes, I just find rattlesnakes......LOL. It can be very challenging, I've spent entire days hiking in the Huachuca Mts and didnt see a damn thing. Well actually I did see a Coatimundi (not sure I spelled right) which is like a weird racoon monkey thing.

Derek I envy you and all you people that can walk outside your house and find cool reptiles. With the exception of a few snakes, and turtles, reptiles are scarce in Michigan.

Comment

I wish i could just walk and find some reptiles also. Even though i live in the bush (boonies, lol) all i find is deer, turkeys, and every year a couple garter snakes.
                    (¯`'·.¸..(¯`'·.¸ \\Megan// ¸.·'´¯)..¸.·'´¯)
                    0.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Greta)
                    http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/gecko_newbie/

Comment

Originally posted by DDReptiles
                      Matt- you lucky dog, finding a desert coral. I like the gila as well.

I don't have many pics of my reptile trips but the other day I was out riding my bike after a good rain and found a HUGE alligator snapper in the road. This guy I swear had to weigh as much as me and was mean as hell. I finally got him moved into a nearby river.
                      and then some redneck found him, threw him in the back of his pickup to take back to the trailor to make turtle soup.

Comment

Working...
                      X