Tiny treefrog habitat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny treefrog habitat question

Hi, I have five tiny treefrogs, all the same breed, about the size of my pinky fingernail. I know all the proper care of these frogs but I'm just wondering how many do you think I can keep in a five gallon tank planted with live plants? I'm thinking at least 3 of them if not all 5. Now, I know a 5 gallon tank sounds small but keep in mind that these are tiny tiny frogs, less than 1/2 inch, that grow to an adult size of 3/4 of an inch, up to 1 and 1/4 inch (I plan on moving them into a larger tank when they are fully grown).
    I own:
    2 kitties
    2 crested geckos
    4 treefrogs
    3 guppies & 1 sunset coral

We keep little guys in the smallest exoterra tank. Right now we have 5 reed frogs and a red eye, although the red eye needs an upgrade soon into the 12 x 12 x 18 exoterra with the larger tree frogs. But we have ours with a natural water fall with a filter in the water and I change the water weekly. They do really well this way, we rarely loose frogs. This even worked well when we had dart frogs at work.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Comment

It would depend on the species. Not many frogs at all can live in a 5 gallon tank, if any. What species of tree frogs are they? If you don't know, can you plst some pics please?
      www.FrogFreaks.com Come get you Freak On!!

Comment

They are Pacific tree frogs.
        I own:
        2 kitties
        2 crested geckos
        4 treefrogs
        3 guppies & 1 sunset coral

Comment

Since yours are just little babies, I think keeping all five in your 5 gallon will be fine for now. Just put lots of plants and water for them to play in! I've heard these guys are very active. And loud. =)

When they get bigger, though, please remember to give them space! Meaning like only two to a ten gallon, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X