Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dulcenemica
    replied
    As people above have said, chances are they were either green tree frogs or spring peepers. I live in Northeast Missouri and I go out and catch them by the dozen in my parents' pool every spring/summer. ^^ I love listening to them for a day or so before releasing them. Fun to handle too!

Leave a comment:

• kehroscene
    replied
    Lol, same here.

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied
    Sweet, they were really little and really cute,
    kehroscene
    Aw, too bad you couldn't take oneee home! I would've snuck one off anyways
    ive snuck home alot of things before, but this time i didnt want to risk it...

Leave a comment:

• maxxtrax77
    replied
    They are all over here in Iowa.... Hell my little brother can call them, and they respond so he can go find them lol. He keeps them over night, and then releases them back to the wild.

Leave a comment:

• kehroscene
    replied
    Aw, too bad you couldn't take oneee home! I would've snuck one off anyways.

Leave a comment:

• vnmfy
    replied
    Too bad you didn't get to keep one! I know we have a ton of peepers around here.. no idea what they look like. But they are loud!

Leave a comment:

• erika
    replied
    There are native tree frogs in Ill. Below is a website of native frogs and toads, found with a quick google search. I would guess it was probably a green tree frog.

Ill. Native Frogs and Toads

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied
    hey guys some imput would be nice...

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    started a topic Need help...

Need help...

I was camping And i found these bright green tadpoles... Well long story short the next morning they were frogs, tree frogs to be exact! I dont think that is normal for northern IL... The biggest one was about yay -------- big, they were were even brighter green than the tads and i knew they were tree frogs 'cause they had sticky pads. I would have died to keep one, but my mom said no because i allready have two lizards. Does anyone have any imput on what kind of frog they were? I am really curious to know, and btw the tads had a bright orange/red-ish tail! Thanks for your help!

<3 Gina
    Last edited by Gina; 07-27-2008, 09:30 PM.
Working...
X