Pill bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pill bugs?

also known as potato bugs or rolly pollies.
    My frogs are too small for crickets, I was wondering if baby pill bugs are okay to feed them until they are bigger?
    I own:
    2 kitties
    2 crested geckos
    4 treefrogs
    3 guppies & 1 sunset coral

They should be good if you can get them small enough. However, you'll have to culture them for a few generations before feeding, they may have parasites if you catch them out in the wild, or chemicals/pesticides on them.
    0.0.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0.0 Gargoyle gecko
    1.0.0 House Gecko
    1.0.0 Reed Frog
    1.0.0 Red Banded Tree Frog
    1.2.0 Auratus Dart Frog
    0.0.1 Red Eye Tree Frog

Comment

Some frogs may not like the way they taste though and they may be harder to digest too.
      Make me wise to see all things today under the form of eternity, and make me brave to face all the changes in my life which such a vision may entail...(John Baillie)

Comment

I've fed wild ones from safe areas.

Most things like them because the shells are calcium.

Comment

My turtles love them - I actually believe in my area they are a mainstay of their diet cause I have an insulated 3' by 3' pad the turtles hide under and the pill bugs flock under also - most of the turtles will stay under it for weeks never coming out and when they do they just seem to want water but there is fruit and vegies available to them if they want. And when winter comes they are fat and ready for hibernation. But turtles will eat anything. My daughter's baby gecko doesn't like the taste of pill bugs.
          Make me wise to see all things today under the form of eternity, and make me brave to face all the changes in my life which such a vision may entail...(John Baillie)

Comment

Working...
          X