Partially blocked nasolacrimal duct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partially blocked nasolacrimal duct

My false chameleon has a bulgy eye...has been that way for about 6 months...I took him to the exotics vet about 5 months ago, he got a thorough checkup, and couldn't find much wrong. The eye didn't get worse, but didn't get better either, so we went back last week. He appears to have a partially blocked nasolacrimal duct. We could see that fluid would go from his left eye into his mouth, but not the right eye. Got some antibiotic drops to put in the eye, and I have been faithful about it, but so far, still no improvement. Does anyone have any experience with this, with any of their reptiles? Anything that worked to make it better? It hasn't affected his eating or behavior any, but sure does look like it would be uncomfortable.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0
Working...
X