And more tortoises in our family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And more tortoises in our family

I absolutely love the Marginateds - always eating and moving....

And the redfoots like to play in their dish pond, , before chowing down...

And the two sulcatas who will grow up to 200 pounds view the stone enclosure as a temporary challenge already

I might have to move a few of these as space in my backyard may become a commodity.

angela
    It is a grand thing to know our vices.
    Cicero

he hee, that last pic is so cute! that looks like my hermann's tortoise right now--he has to stay inside for the time being because my husband put down fire ant killer in the backyard and is re-seeding the grass (because what we have now is beyond sad). soon harvey, soon you can go back out to play!
    Emily Cook
    www.cookreptiles.com

Comment

Oh, I want western hermanns so bad I can taste it Where did you get yours from? Easterns? Both types are so friendly.

angela
      Cicero

Comment

mine is an eastern hermanns (technically he belongs to my husband--i gave harvey to him as a christmas present this past christmas ). i got him from ken at exotic pets (las vegas). he was produced there and at the time he was the last one they had left. i paid a bit more for him than the normal price of a hermann's, but he does have nice color, was the legal size (unlike some of the breeders i found who were selling them too small for pet purposes) and ken was very cooperative about holding him for me until after christmas (i didn't want to risk shipping during the holiday mess).
        Emily Cook
        www.cookreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by catzmiao View Post
          I absolutely love the Marginateds - always eating and moving....

And the redfoots like to play in their dish pond, , before chowing down...

And the two sulcatas who will grow up to 200 pounds view the stone enclosure as a temporary challenge already

I might have to move a few of these as space in my backyard may become a commodity.

angela
          Cute. I have a sulcatta myself.

Comment

...and I have a persian named Houston! He gets in more trouble than you can imagine a longhair possibly could....

angela
            Cicero

Comment

Ah, I have such a soft spot for torts I have a guy here locally that has 12-20 year old torts. His sulcattas are HUGE!!! And so very personable.
              ~Christa~
              Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Comment

They are beautiful
                A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Comment

And torts can be SO funny The marginateds will run over and sit on my feet, wildy waving their arms while I would chop up greens for them. Aldabras and sulcatas can be shy as juvies, but as they mature, they will run over and try to sit on your lap. That will be hilarious

angela
                  Cicero

Comment

my hermann's is so friendly and personable like your marginateds sound--he knows that when i come home from work each day i chop up greens for him and he'll come running over to his dish and keep looking back and forth from me to the dish until i fill it. i usually give him greens in the morning too, but that is his soaking time so he's usually too busy soaking up rays and soaking in his dish to worry about his food dish. they are so funny!
                    Emily Cook
                    www.cookreptiles.com

Comment

Working...
                    X