Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd

Thanks

Default Odd

Well on another forum i am on alot of peole said that their cresties like eating their babyfoo/CGD, but haven't touched any crix. That just sounds odd to me. Any thoughts?
    Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make. ---Count Dracula

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by max power
    they have been brain washed !!!

hahah funny! well actualy possibly thast true, that they were grown up thriving on fruits and cgd that they dont have intrest in them.. or therye just to lazy to chase after them.. t hose fatties.. lazys

Thanks

My geckos all love crix.
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

my 7-8 mo old will pounce and chow on crix but my almoast 2 year old male refuses to eat them all hell eat is cgd with baby food (preferably apricot or guava) its odd the diffrence in opnions in these little guys i just think they both came from diffrent breeders and were raised on diffrent stuff of course i found sticky (my male) full grown in a pets mart (i know pets mart sux but i couldent help but snach that guy up to good of a deal)
    gecko luv!! so much better than human luv dont you think? men sux!

Thanks

My "partner" in keeping cresteds has been trying to convince me that I need to feed my geckos crickets until they grow out of liking live prey, since they leap at anything that moves. I think he's just sore because the last time he dropped in to see how they were doing he stuck his hand in the cage with my 2 bigger females and they both latched onto his hand at the same time :lol: . He screamed like a girl.
    -Marina York-

4.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (B)
    1.0.0 ball python
    0.1.0 BCI
    0.2.0 leopard geckos

Thanks

yeah mine would take crix over cgd any day

Thanks

I think most of my cresteds preffer crickets lol. I really never see them eat. I see one eat both crix and fruit rather often, but the others are very private. The thing that puzzles me is that the one female i got as an adult is the only one i have witnessed eating once lol, yet she stays above 50 grams! The other two are about 40 grams.

On the other hand, my gargoyle will eat a full capfull of GGD or fruit every night or every-other night. I know it eats crix too but i've only seen it once.

My hybrid only likes crix.

I'm not sure about my chahoua yet bc I only just got him.

John

Thanks

Alot has to do with what they were fed before they got to you, and sometimes certain animals just develop preferances!

Thanks

and some animals just don't like to eat... one of my males is just too darn busy... he can't keep still long enough to eat... better things to do... if you stick food in front of his face, he may lick it, but then instantly jumps away.

I've had him for about half a year and he's only eaten 2 crickets that I've seen, and considering how fat the female that is in his cage is, it's probably the only 2 he's ever eaten. :P

oh, that reminds me, last night, I looked at his cage, and he was hangin upside down, and his tail was horizontal ... ugh, first floppy tail i've witnessed in my cresties... I think it bothers me more than it bothers him, ohh well... what can ya do... :-\