Thread: um........well yeah

Thanks

Default um........well yeah

Kind of silly but it made me laugh. I kind changed some things.
    Here is the site if you want to see all of them
    http://www.newenglandreptile.com/if.html

-Youíre the customer at the pet store but answer all the herp questions.
    -You stop in a pet store just to look at the reptiles and end up buying a fake plant for a buck so you donít look stupid.
    -There is always enough room on your credit card to buy another herp, but you ignore your bills
    -Youíve ever had to lecture a pet store employee/manager.
    -Youíve ever helped employees at a pet shop catch a loose gecko(oh yeah. leopard geckos can be surprisingly fast :wink: )
    -Employees at the pet shop ask you to help a customer while theyíre busy
    -You have a special drawer to keep perfect sheds in.(hehe :lol: )
    -You tell people on the phone "I canít talk now, Iíve got a gecko on my head!!!
    -Your mom knows about you & your excursions out into the woods and into the local pet store, and now frisks you down as soon as you enter the house!
    -Your pet "Fluffy" is a 150 lb. Water Monitor
    -At your childís "pet day", theyíre the only ones returning home with their pet
    -The family pool houses a 1.2 trio of Dwarf Caiman
    -You buy herp books for animals you donít own (canít help myself :lol: )
    -Your plastic christmas holly plants are now the hunting grounds for chameleons(one of my favorites :wink: )

-Your friends ask you when the last time you scored was & you reply "Man, it was great! This guy sold me an 8' female Colombian & the 125 L for dirt just in time for breeding season," and they look at you like "WHAT THE HELL are you talking about?!?!"

-You do a double take at the latest prime specimen in your local herp store haunt & as your significant other begins to glare you say "This is it!! The last one I promise!! I promise!"...and you are believed for the very last time!
    -People ask you to pack the truck when they move because YOU have the uncanny ability to fit more fish tanks and sweater boxes into the smallest space available.
    -It's DECEMBER and you're already dreaming of the Daytona Expo...next AUGUST!
    Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make. ---Count Dracula

Thanks

this is one i KNOW WE ALL HAVE SAID

"You've EVER said, "Well, maybe I'll just raise this one for a year or so, just to see what it turns into...""

lol@matt

Thanks

-You hear someone describing their new high-resolution 20" monitor and wonder if it's Australian or Indonesian. :lol:
    -The neighborhood animals start disappearing as your Green 'Conda passes the 200-lb mark
    -You're standing in the pet store checkout line with your purchase in hand & the person behind you says "Oh, they're so cute! Do they make good pets?" and you reply, "These? Hmmm. Actually, I have no idea...I never thought about that..."
    - You can speak Latin well but have never taken a formal Latin course
    -You've ever had to call the fire department to get your monitor lizard out of the tree in your back yard

Thanks

I laughed so hard when I read that list. I had gone to PetsMart the day before yesterday and was getting my crickets (I used to work there and they take forever... so whenever I run out of crix, I just get my own) when this guy comes up to me and starts asking me questions about his green iguana. Before I knew it, I was holding my bag of crickets and had sold this guy about $150 worth of UVB lamps, heat bulbs, and other various iguana items as well as writing a shopping list of "iguana-friendly" vegetables. Lol.
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

Oh good lord. :lol: :lol: That is great, i did the same thing to this kid and his grandmother. They wanted to get an iguana(they had never owned a herp before) and i told them to get a leo instead, and i ended up staying another hour showing them what they needed and and explaining stuff.

Thanks

Default hmmmm

is it pet-smart or pets-mart????just wondering hehehehehehe
    Rick Moss...Tigerbarr,inc.

Thanks

It's Pets-Mart. Lol. I asked them when I was hired. (Though they do enjoy the play on words...) :wink:

Here's one "reptile crazy" thing to add to your list Sobe,

- If you've ever answered the door to get your pizza and had a cricket jump out of your shirt pocket. LMBO.

(I had just finished feeding everyone the newly arrived crix today and when I opened the door to get the pizza I had ordered, a cricket jumped out of my shirt pocket. Pizza guy looked at me like I was crazy! Lol.)
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

Thanks

Hehe, that is great sara. I wish i could have seen the pizza guys face.

Thanks

Yeah I took one of my roaches to school today on a leash and tied him to my shirt button :lol: You should of saw some of the looks I got.

And they ask why I don't have a girlfriend

That list is really funny I only read half (don't have a lot of time ) but will read the rest later.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DDReptiles
    Yeah I took one of my roaches to school today on a leash and tied him to my shirt button :lol: You should of saw some of the looks I got.

And they ask why I don't have a girlfriend
    Lol. When I was little, I used to hunt grasshoppers, put "leashes" on them (tied string around them), and sell them door-to-door. People would open the door to see my fat, toothy grin and about 20 grasshoppers on leashes. LMBO!!! (You'd be amazed how many sold!)
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com