Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Diet

Thanks

Default New Diet

Well, I received my sample of the new crested pelleted diet from "The Bug Company" a few days ago. I've been too busy these past few days to give it a shot, but I'll let you guys know how the geckos take it.

Sure is a funky-looking diet. Reminiscent of pelleted bird food, but smaller.

My first impression is that the geckos will turn up their noses at it, but you never know until you give it a shot. The Bug Company was raving about how a few large breeders were loving this stuff (I forgot who they said, as they called a few months ago and I had a million things I was doing), but we'll see how it goes.
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

"Mmmmmm.... pellets". Sounds yummy!

Thanks

Cool, keep us updated 'cause I am tired of shoving the cgd down my guys throats, lol.
    Marina
    1.5.7.? Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Pine Isle Chahoua
    1.0.0 American Pit Bull
    0.0.1 Sulcata Tortoise
    3.6.0 Insane gang of sugar gliders
    0.1.0 Super duper cute ring-tail lemur
    1.0.0 Quarter Horse

Thanks

Dose the smell remind you of kids breakfast cereal? I do not know why but every pellet food I ever opened smelled so much like fruity Pebbles I would be left with a craving.
    Dale
    "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Thanks

Seems like it'd be hard to transfer them from what is essentially a liquid diet to a dry pellet.

Interesting though. What are the first few ingredients listed? Most of those pelleted diets are grain based.
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

which gex are eating it? is it for cresteds? i could see a BIG gecko maybe eeating pellets, but not sure about a crested.
    ANYTHING SAID HERE BY ME IS JUST MY OPINION, PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

2.3.0 crested gex
    1.0.0 appaloosa horse
    1.1.0 jack Russells
    1. husband

Thanks

Heres the ingredients list.

-Crested Gecko Food Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein (min) 22%, Crude Fat/Oil (min) 6 %, Crude Fiber (max) 10 %, Moisture (max) 10 %, Ash (max) 9%, Vitamin A (min) 19,000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 (min) 800 IU/kg, Vitamin E (min) 200 IU/kg, Copper (min) 10 mg/kg
    ngredients
    Corn, Tomato Pumis, Chicken Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Fructose, Fish Meal, Poultry Fat, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Potato Starch, Coconut Oil, L-Lysine, DL Methionine, Salt,Yeast, Yeast Extract, Calcium Carbonate, Kelp Meal, Spirulina Algae, Marigold Extract, Canthaxanthin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Streptocococcus faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Dried bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation Product Dehydrated, Choline Chloride, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Ferrous Sulfate, D-Biotin, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Niacinamide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate, Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Natural and Artificial Colors, Menadione
    Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (source of Vitamin K3), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Cobalt Sulfate.

Thanks

Is there a webpage for this specific product? I ran through "The Bug Company" site quickly and didn't see anything about a crested gecko diet product.
    ~Alan

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
    President Geo. W Bush in an interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006

Thanks

IMO, that ingredients list is scary. Top ingredients are corn, tomato, chicken, fish? Really? ... and what the heck do geckos need artificial coloring for?

Thanks

yeah, i think i am going to stick with my Repashy Superfoods.
    ANYTHING SAID HERE BY ME IS JUST MY OPINION, PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

2.3.0 crested gex
    1.0.0 appaloosa horse
    1.1.0 jack Russells
    1. husband