Thread: TAD & Hygge's tanks

Thanks

Default TAD & Hygge's tanks

Thanks to Jessica for the antler idea - it's working GREAT! They give the geckos a nice wide, smooth object to climb, and no sharp edges. Also, so far the chamois under the cork mat for substrate is also working well. I am very pleased with how these turned out!

Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

Thanks

im really into this! your enclosure is so plentiful and vibrant

my bearded dragon has a deer antler to just look at in his enclosure. It's decorative since he can't grip onto it.. can your geckos climb them well?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohwonder View Post

my bearded dragon has a deer antler to just look at in his enclosure. It's decorative since he can't grip onto it.. can your geckos climb them well?
    Yup, they climb all over them.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Yup, they climb all over them.
    Is the substrate reusable a few times, and how often need to be changed out?

I love these cages so much. Plenty of foliage and decor placed in there in a very practical way.

Thanks

Thank you very much! I change things around in my tanks little by little, when I find things that seem to work better. I changed out the substrate - I am now using MagniMoist mats cut to size as the base (https://farmeryou.com/window-boxes/ - these things are AWESOME!! Not nearly as messy as coco fiber mats!), and on top of those I use either New Zealand sphagnum moss (for my Western Bearded anole and my e. agricolae), or Exo Terra moss mats (for my crestie and garg). They've been working out fantastic, and I clean out the tanks every three weeks. The MagniMoist mats make it really easy to clean, and can be re-used many, many times. I haven't worn one out yet; they just rinse off to clean, and then dry. I don't remember how I found out about them, but I'm glad I did! Would highly recommend. All of the foliage I have found at thrift shops. The vines are either Reptology climber vines, or T-Rex aqua vines, both also work really well. And TAD really loves climbing on his antler. I use cork bark for hides, mopani wood for decoration that helps with shedding, magnetic ledges, and I bought a large resin aquarium hide from PetSmart that works really well for TAD to hide in, and it's great because the humidity doesn't affect it.

I really think it's possible to make a pretty realistic looking environment, even with fake plants. My only concession was the rope ladder, and I put that in only because my little guy loves to climb on it so much.

Hygge's tank - 12x12x18 (Gargoyle)
    Name:  18_11-27Hygge.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  97.5 KB

OhGee's tank - 12x12x12 (e. agricolae - he's hanging upside-down, upper left)
    Name:  18_11-27OG.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  101.4 KB

TAD's tank - 18x18x24 (crestie) (Not sure why photo is sideways)
    Name:  18_11-27TAD.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  98.5 KB

TBD's tank - 18x18x24 (Western Bearded anole) - he's on the ladder, upper left (Not sure why photo is sideways)
    Name:  18_11-27TBD.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  98.0 KB
    Eileen