Thread: What lizards can live their entire life in a 40 gal?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default What lizards can live their entire life in a 40 gal?

I found a 40 gallon Exo Terra tank for free via Craigslist, and for the past four months I have no idea what the hell to put in it lol. I want a Bearded Dragon or .Blue Tongue Skink, but there's absolutely no way I would feel comfortable about putting either species in there. I've asked this question on Reddit & Facebook - each time I've been told that I could put either leopard geckos or a fire belly toad colony.
    There has to be more options of lizards.

I would like to keep this strictly to lizards first, and if you have any other ideas for turtles, frogs/toads, etc. Let me know.

Thanks

Maybe a few steppe runners would be good. They're newer to the trade than skinks and beardies but are still fairly cheap. http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Care...Runner-Lizard/
    1.0.0 Scorgi "Winston"1.1.0 Cats "Mr. Mustache, Daenerys"1.1.0 Mountain Horned Dragons "Charles, Charlotte"
    2.0.0 Bearded Dragons "Mushu, Thorn"1.3.6.6 Crested Geckos "Noctis, LunaFreya, Artemis, Pandora"
    More fish than I care to count including clown fish, damselfish, angelfish, gourami, loaches and cichlids.

Thanks

Nice you are lucky to get a 40 gallon easily, as for lizards I think pygmy chameleons or anole colonies can be kept tho im not sure. You could always get a small turtle that usually stay 5-6 inches tho I'm sure you might need a bigger tank later on. If It was up to me I would get a madagascar giant day gecko but they are hard to keep so I wouldn't recommend it.