Thread: New gargoyle gecko ( How to get onto a feeding routine)

Thanks

Default New gargoyle gecko ( How to get onto a feeding routine)

Hi,
    I just got a new gargoyle gecko ( he is two years old). He has adjusted well to the cage and ate a little bit of banana apricot pangea the first night but did not eat any pangea with insects last night. What is the process like to get onto a feeding schedule? How long may he not eat during this time?
    Thanks

Thanks

Hi do you know what his feeding routine was prior to him coming to live with you, if you do this would help getting him settled in.
    Some geckos only feed every other day & that's their routine , where some daily.
    Some geckos def prefer some Pangea flavours over another.
    Do you know the flavours he was fed prior to coming home with you.
    My gang def have preferences when it comes to the various flavours they like insects but not keen on Pangaea with insects but others find that their geckos love this option.
    I usually rotate flavours every 5 days or so.
    Settling in can be at the best a couple of weeks others take a couple of months it takes as long as it takes but they do seem to like consistency ie try to stick to same feeding times, misting times etc.
    Let us know how things go & when you get the chance please post a picture of you gargoyle.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Thanks

Sometimes new geckos won't eat for a week or more, but as long as you see poop every now and again he's doing fine. They can go a while without eating, but it's possible you don't see it eating when it is. If you're talking about feeding insects, they sometimes don't eat much but you can try once or twice a week, and if it isn't interested just give it the opportunity every couple of days.

Thanks

Hi,
    I will post a pic later.
    He ate all flavors and typically every other day and he has not eaten in two days. Is it normal not to eat for 1 to 2 weeks once he is getting settled in
    Thanks

Thanks

In my personal experience most eat within the week but sometimes tricky to see if he's been eating or not. Some say a couple of weeks.
    Different geckos do vary on time taken to settle in.
    You said he ate first day hang on in there & be patient I think you should find he will eat hopefully soon. Maybe stick to apricot banana flavour until you are sure he's eating again.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0