Thread: Product recommendations

Thanks

Default Product recommendations

Please post some things that work well for you in your gecko tanks! Also things to avoid, if you've had a bad experience.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

Thanks

I'll start - I've used these coco fiber 1/2 baskets ("wall baskets") filled with moss, to help with humidity. So far they've worked great in my 18x18x24:

https://www.amazon.com/2pcs-Wall-Mou...ing+coco+fiber

Name:  Coco Baskets.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  78.4 KB
    Last edited by TAD; 12-31-2017 at 07:59 PM.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

Thanks

Container for small roach colony:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003TJ1J...WWKCDQR8&psc=0

Name:  RoachMotel.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  84.3 KB
    Eileen

Thanks

Last edited by TAD; 12-31-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    Eileen

Thanks

Pangea Mossy Vines - I bought one of these for my new e. agricolae - and LOVE IT! It looks natural, stays the way you bend it, and is just the right size for a smaller reptile. Probably too small for an adult crestie or garg, but would be great for hatchlings or juvies, or just for decoration in an adult tank. I have it in a Kritter Keeper right now, and it's a perfect fit - I plan to get another of these vines when I move my new guy up to his permanent 12x12x18. Two thumbs up!

http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/p...tile-vine.html
    Last edited by TAD; 03-09-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    Eileen

Thanks

Repti-Zoo LED Terrarium Hood
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WRXF4FG

I just purchased this for TBD, who is in a 12x12x18 Exo Terra tank, and I LOVE IT!! It's lightweight and small, and can rest right on top of the mesh without sagging it. It gives off plenty of light for that size tank, and has a dimmer switch for the white light, and also a blue light - all with a touch sensor.

I love this light! It's perfect and exactly what I was looking for, for my smaller tank!
    Eileen

Thanks

T-Rex Aqua Vines and Aqua Roots - bendable, look naturalistic, stand up to humidity, varying widths - perfect for my lizards, and they love 'em!
    Eileen

Thanks

Because I'm cheap: toilet paper rolls, half- and full paper towel rolls (for adults); paper coin rolls for juveniles/hatchlings; sticks from outside baked in the oven to kill pests.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Treebiscuit For This Useful Post:

TAD (12-12-2018)

Thanks

I have a Zoo Med cage with screen top. I found that instead of messing with expensive, hard to cut Plexiglas, I can use a plastic, heavy clear bath tub mat, cut it to fit the screen top, cut out a square so my ceramic heater can sit on part of the screen and keep my humidity higher.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zenwen For This Useful Post:

TAD (12-12-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zenwen View Post
    I have a Zoo Med cage with screen top. I found that instead of messing with expensive, hard to cut Plexiglas, I can use a plastic, heavy clear bath tub mat, cut it to fit the screen top, cut out a square so my ceramic heater can sit on part of the screen and keep my humidity higher.
    Love that idea!
    Eileen