Thread: crab climbing background safe for geckos?

Thanks

Default crab climbing background safe for geckos?

Hello,
    I was at petco recently and on clearance they had a mat of some type of fiberous material, it looked like coco husk kinda and its a background you put into a hermit crab tank for them to climb on and it helps keep humidity? I was wondering if something like that was transferable to a crested gecko tank? The only issue I see if the material possibly being to rough and the geckos not wanting to climb on it? Thankyou lmk what you guys think.
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

I'd be interested to know too. I think I've seen those. Are you thinking of it for a background, or a floor mat? I'd consider using it for a floor mat if it was washable (should be, if it is coco fibre - like the coco fiber they use in hanging planters), and I would put paper towels under it to absorb some moisture on the bottom of the tank. (I clean my tanks every two weeks, so they would get washed regularly.) I have half of a hanging basket in TAD's tank; I filled it with moss and keep that damp. That's easy to rinse at cleaning time and helps hold humidity.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

Thanks

I honestly didnt even think of it as a floor mat, but I think it would work better as a background, I think im going to go back and get them if they are still there and try them out and see if they climb on it.
    Stay Sticky Friends - Crested Gecko 3.2.4 Bearded Dragon 1.0.0 Leopard Geckos 1.1.0

Thanks

Let us know what you think when you get them set up.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0