Thread: Humid hides

Thanks

Question Humid hides

I am getting my first crested gecko soon and was wondering about humid hides. Should you provide them at all times, or just around/during they are shedding? I know you could just use wet paper towels, but what would you guys say is the best type of moss to use with cresties? Any other advice about humid hides would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I use New Zealand sphagnum moss. I don't have any humid hides, but I keep the moss in a half-planter made of coco fiber, and I mist that daily when I mist my tanks. I'd be interested to hear about others' humid hides too!

Here's what I use - filled with moss:
    https://www.amazon.com/2pcs-Wall-Mou...ing+coco+fiber
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

Thanks

I actually ordered that same moss, hearing that it was really good. I'm thinking of just putting it in a plastic container at the bottom of the terrarium. Will they go down to use it if it is on the floor?

Thanks

Might or might not, but even if he never goes in it, it will still help with the humidity.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TAD For This Useful Post:

Cgeckos42 (12-31-2017)

Thanks

I use plastic Tupperware with a hole cut out for them to go in. I don't know if they have ever used them but they help a bit with the humidity and I'm sure if they were dry enough they would use them to rehydrate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchidilia For This Useful Post:

Cgeckos42 (12-31-2017)