Thread: Feeding crested/ gargoyle

Thanks

Default Feeding crested/ gargoyle

So i have a crested gecko and im getting a gargoyle gecko and ill mostly be feeding repashy diet to both but once a week Id like to try an insect and ive decided to go with fruit gut loaded dubia roaches but since the dubia and repashy have calcium do I really need to dust the roaches anyway? I dont really have access to calcium powder all that much and since theres calcium on all their diet im guessing they will be fine but i need a second opinion

Thanks

I bought a small container of Repti Calcium with D3 (https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-repti-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds) - for less than $4. What I've done is just sprinkle a little bit in the jar lid where I put the dubias, and they kind of cover themselves with it as they walk around. That container should last a very long time. So I'd say if you can get a small jar of it, that would be best. They're available at Petco and Petsmart, and also Amazon.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

Thanks

Thanks TAD youre a national treasure, one more thing do I need to buy a diff d3 dust or is the calcium jar that contains d3 enough?

Thanks

The calcium with D3 is enough.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Barn cats 0.2.0

Thanks

Yes you should really dust the roaches. Calcium with D3 will be fine and you can buy it on amazon.