Thread: Leopard gecko only mealworm??

Default Leopard gecko only mealworm??

So i plan on getting a leopard gecko but I hate crickets a lot so I was wondering if i can just gut load mealworms with fruit and then place the mealworms in calcium dust to feed to a leopard gecko? As long as crickets arent involved i can provide most insects so any ideas?

Some people say that mealworms aren't a healthy diet for leopard geckos, but many leos do eat mealworms exclusively and do OK. I have brought up hatchling leopard geckos on mealworms but they tend to get bored with them as they mature. How about if you try mostly mealworms but feed super worms on occasion as well as less frequent feedings of hornworms and/or silkworms. You could also consider dubia roaches, unless those make you feel the same that crickets to (or if you live in Florida, where they are prohibited).

Aliza

Ive decided to go with a gargoyle gecko and feed it gut loaded dubia roaches once a week with pangea every day

Just for anyone curious, dubia roaches are preferable over mealworms, other worms, and even crickets (in my opinion). They are very healthy, don't jump, climb, smell bad, or make noise, and are easy to breed. The only downside is that they still need to be dusted with a supplement, and they are illegal in Florida and Canada I believe.

Personally my leo won't touch mealworms sooooo
    Lumi, my crestie
    Lacey, my old leo
    Cornelius the snake
    M.H.C.s
    Rico and Hans the budgies
    mice galore

I live in canada they are in some pet store I donít think they are illegal