Thread: Crested gecko care

Default Crested gecko care

I just got my crested gecko a week ago and it is about a month old but it will not eat unless I put its food on its mouth then he eventually licks it off. Iíve tried feeding crickets and he wonít eat them. Any suggestions?

Skip the insects for now, and make sure he is eating the CGD (are you feeding Pangea or Repashy? Both are good) well first. It takes a new gecko up to a month to start eating in a new environment! So a week is not long - they can go a long time without eating. Plus, a month old gecko eats so little when it does eat, that you may not even notice it. Your best way of knowing is to get a gram scale, and weigh him every couple of weeks to make sure he is gaining weight. I wouldn't do that for the first month or so though, until he is used to his new home.

What size tank do you have? He will need to have a smaller-size tank to be able to find the food well. You might try putting out two feeding stations - one up high, and one closer to or on the ground. You can always add the insects later. He'll need to get established on the
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0