Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my leachie underweight?

Thanks

Exclamation Is my leachie underweight?

My leachie is Moro x GT. She is currently 9 months old, 8 1/2 inches long and weighs 68 grams. Is she underweight?

Thanks

I don't have a leachie (yet! ), but no one has answered you, so I'll say that it doesn't sound like she's underweight for that age and size. Can you post a pic? That would help.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Ancient barn cats 0.3.0

EBB "Extra Big Bug" (Madagascar Hissing Cockroach) 1.0.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TAD For This Useful Post:

jubalbus (12-26-2017)

Thanks

Sorry for the late response! Here's a picture of her: https://gyazo.com/14a62ef66ed92dcad38da95e64538984

Thanks

It's a little hard to tell from that photo as it doesn't show a lot of her body, but she looks to be a good healthy weight from what I can see.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Ancient barn cats 0.3.0

EBB "Extra Big Bug" (Madagascar Hissing Cockroach) 1.0.0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TAD For This Useful Post:

jubalbus (12-26-2017)

Thanks

Can you get a picture from above, where you can see her back end? It’s hard to tell from this picture.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

jubalbus (12-26-2017)

Thanks

Thanks

Looks like she could gain a little more weight, but I wouldn’t be too worried since she is still growing and it’s winter.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

jubalbus (12-28-2017)

Thanks

What did you mean when you said its winter? Also, she doesn't even eat Pangea on her own. The only thing she touches is live food, but I can't keep going with that. I'm planning to downgrade her from her 18x18x24 to a 12x12x18. Would that be any better?

Thanks

There is no "right" weight for these animals at a certain age......there are so many variables. This much I do know...Leachies like slightly higher temps than cresties. My leachie breeder friend told me to warm mine up to where it had a hot spot of about 80-85 as long as it got down to about 72-75 elsewhere. I did and it started eating more and growing faster. He's now a robust 325g. I would consider holding off on feeding live food for the moment. They really NEED the nutrients and vitamins/minerals in the pangea. It's actually MORE important than the live food... Once it's eating that well, then an occasional live meal would be ok but only as long as it's eating the pangea. Hope this helps.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Erin For This Useful Post:

jubalbus (12-28-2017)

Thanks

I agree- cut out the Love food until she is fully eating Pangea. Also don’t hand feed her, she’ll eat when she is hungry and wont starve herself (unless she is ill). By winter I mean colder temps, they don’t eat as much with colder temps. Now idk about the temperature for these guys, so I couldn’t tell you that. I honestly think she looks fine and knowing that they do like cozier homes, I’d leave her in her 18x18x24...
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

jubalbus (12-28-2017)