Thread: Any Advice On Diagnosing/Treating Eye Infections?

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Any Advice On Diagnosing/Treating Eye Infections?

Hi All, I am looking for advice. I have a 3-4 year old female crested gecko that I believe has an eye infection. One eye looks normal while the other is a little smaller and darker/redder in coloration. When the pupil dilates, I can see a grey/whitish cloud inside the pupil and the weird eye's pupil doesn't quite dilate as large as the other one. The gecko appears to have some visibility issues on that side but is otherwise alert, active, and healthy, though has some barely noticeable FTS. I have also considered the possibility that it is a cataract but figured I might treat the gecko for a bacterial infection to rule out that option. I don't have the spare cash to take her to a vet.

The gecko's history is as follows:
    I purchased her at the New Hampshire Reptile Expo in the fall of 2014 as a sub adult.
    Summer of 2015 I bred her and got 5/8 eggs to hatch and all the babies have grown up happy and healthy with no problems. She was in a communal tank at one point but I noticed she was losing weight, presumably due to her nervous nature compared to some other more dominant females so I put her in her own tank and she has lived alone since Nov/Dec 2015. I shipped her and my other geckos to CA when I moved there in the summer of 2016. At some point one of her eyes grew darker but I did not notice the cloud in its pupil until a little while ago. She continues to lay dud eggs even though she has not been with a male for over 2 years. I sometime wonder if the time she wasn't eating in the communal tank caused a developmental issue with the eye since she was still laying eggs. As said before, she is otherwise perfectly healthy and I would like to breed her again someday.
    Good Eye
    Name:  FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  94.9 KB

Weird Eye (You can see the grey cloudy spot)
    Name:  IMG_2691.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  96.1 KB

Any help/ advise will be appreciated. I haven't found specific advise for crested geckos in my internet searches on this matter, only leopard geckos.
    Last edited by A.Javi.Gecko; 11-23-2017 at 03:12 AM. Reason: added photos