Thread: There is a hole in my gargoyle geckos leg?

Default There is a hole in my gargoyle geckos leg?

Hi I got this baby a couple weeks ago (about 3-4 months old now, his setup includes the kit from thebiodude (bioactive set up with plants and such), i have been keeping the humidity up by spraying twice a day (with dips of 45-50% humidity in between)

Here are photos of the hole in his leg:

I don't know what is wrong and I'm really scared that I did something wrong, I researched for weeks as much as I could and thought I was doing everything right. i hope hes going to be okay

Hi can you get a closer photo of his leg that would be useful in case others have had similar experiences. If that is a clear hole I would strongly recommend you get him to a vet ASAP. From the picture the hole does not look a fresh injury.
    Keep us updated. Poor little guy really don't want this to get infected.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by AceGargoyles View Post
    Hi can you get a closer photo of his leg that would be useful in case others have had similar experiences. If that is a clear hole I would strongly recommend you get him to a vet ASAP. From the picture the hole does not look a fresh injury.
    Keep us updated. Poor little guy really don't want this to get infected.
    I'll try but hes hiding in one of his cork tubes right now. It's not a clear hole and I don't know if its an injury or not, I check on him every couple hours and have never noticed it as any color except that. I haven't seen him shed since I got him either, so I'm scared he had a terrible bad shed and that it turned into whatever that is.

From your pictures this does not look like a shed injury.
    It looks like he has a deep tear in his flesh on his leg.
    If these pictures are a clear representation of what the leg looks like in real life then although I don't wish to stress you out or be harsh but your little guy needs to see a vet preferably one with reptile experience ASAP. The wound does not look particularly fresh & the longer you leave it the less chance you can get this sorted with least physical damage. I don't think it's anything you have done to the guy it looks like a freak injury where he got caught on something would suggest you look over the tank for any really sharp sticky out pieces. Given how deep the gash looks I am surprised u have not found blood both on him & the Viv. I really hope you can get him checked out.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Hi all, can anyone else come in here with what they think about this ? Injury & what action they would suggest would be wise or they would do if it was their gecko.
    Thanks
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

It looks like an injury of some sorts, old, but whether healed or infected with rotting flesh I can't tell (rotting flesh often turns black) either way. Vet.

Any time anyone ever says "I think my pet might be hurt" Okay. Go. To. A. Vet. There is NOTHING we can do for your little one on the internet except give you guesses. A guess won't help your pet though. I don't mean to sound harsh, but its like if your child got a deep cut on his/her arm. You wouldn't take a picture of it and post it to FB asking "what can I do?" you'd take your kid straight to the hospital.

whatever it is, it does not look normal. But whatever it is, I doubt it's something caused by you. Like I said that honestly looks like an old injury that's trying to heal (and either healed very discolored or got infected) A deep cut or something. I'd certainly go through it's tank and look for anything at all that could be sharp and cause a cut. Even the substrate if you're using some, maybe some kind of trash got in it? I've heard of people finding glass in their dirt they got from a big store @_@
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Hi do you have an update on your little guy?
    Did you manage to get him to see a vet?
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0