Thread: my 40 gallon garg enclosure

Thanks

Default my 40 gallon garg enclosure

This is 15.5 inches high and so, it should be good enough for my juvie for now. i used to breed crested gex and have always worried about impaction. So i only use rubbermaid shelf liner on the bottom of the tank. it is clear and rubbery. Easy to clean. There are 2 live plants in the tank, and some real wood, as well as some fake items. I am excited, she arrives tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Nice setup. I hope you post some pictures when he arrives.

Thanks

I like the idea of the shelf liner! Just a suggestion, because you pretty much know what you're doing, but you might want to move the food ledge back behind the wood and leaves, just so your garg is a little more secluded rather than out in the open when she eats. I am excited to hear about your new arrival! What kind of wood did you end up getting? How old is your new garg?
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Ancient barn cats 0.3.0

EBB "Extra Big Bug" (Madagascar Hissing Cockroach) 1.0.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    I like the idea of the shelf liner! Just a suggestion, because you pretty much know what you're doing, but you might want to move the food ledge back behind the wood and leaves, just so your garg is a little more secluded rather than out in the open when she eats. I am excited to hear about your new arrival! What kind of wood did you end up getting? How old is your new garg?
    Thanks. i will do that. I know she is a juvie, and was hatched in 2016. So idk exactly. I had some wood from other reptiles that i disinfected well with bleach water and let dry thoroughly. I'm not sure what type it is. I think i got it from one of the online suppliers.

Thanks

Hi this is just a suggestion, in my experience gargoyles do like to climb mine spend the majority of the time up high. The tank is a good start & I do really like the live plants, but if you could manage to get a ledge or two of some plants/vines up higher I'm sure she would make use of those. Gargoyle s love to climb high if possible but I know it can be tricky finding things to fix to tanks that can also be removed for cleaning purposes. Also gargoyles & quite heavy footed creatures bit of a lump compared to dainty landing cresties plastic suction items tend to fall off. However there are some fake branches avail on Amazon that have large suction cups & they attach pretty well the other alternative in using magnets to attach items or buying items that attach with magnets there are some nice magnetic ledges available expensive but hardwearing I think pangea sell them too.
    When she settles in do please update us with more pictures of her.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AceGargoyles For This Useful Post:

ColleenTroi (11-22-2017)

Thanks

Sounds good. Yes, i have the magnets on the feed dish and they are super strong, so i'll look for ledges with magnets and maybe arrange the wood to stand up high. i leave to pick her up soon. She is currently at the fedex hub, but they don't open until 9am.

Thanks

The large Reptology Climber Vines from Neherp are great - I have them in both my tanks, and both geckos spend a lot of time on them. I made mine in kind of a spiral, so they can go high or low, they are wide and very sturdy - great for heavy-bodied gargs.

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way: http://www.neherpetoculture.com/decorplants - I have the 3/4" ones. Love 'em.

Also, if you get the Pangea natural-looking food ledges - buy the 3rd magnet to go on it - it holds up much better with a 3rd magnet.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Ancient barn cats 0.3.0

EBB "Extra Big Bug" (Madagascar Hissing Cockroach) 1.0.0

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TAD For This Useful Post:

ColleenTroi (11-22-2017)