Thread: Humidity regulation for a crested

Thanks

Default Humidity regulation for a crested

Hi,
    I have a glass tank with a glass lid. There is a section of the lid for ventilation, which is about 15% of the lid. With my current set up, the tank stays at about 90% humidity without regulation. I have been using a small pc fan that's mounted above the tank to try and regulate the humidity, it works. I have the fan positioned a few inches above the vent, so there isn't much noise. The fan does drop the humidity considerably when it's on. Temperature only goes down a couple of degrees too, so that's not an issue. Would it be ok for a crested to be in humidity levels that are 90% throughout the night, and have two dry out periods of around 50-60 % humidity during the day?

So about 3/4 of its day would be at high humidity, mainly at night, and the other quarter would be around 50-60%. Or maybe that's too much humidity exposure, or too much drying out?

Thanks!

Thanks

High humidity at night is fine, as long as it dress out during the day that's fine
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Last_Creature For This Useful Post:

Dr. Van Helsing (02-16-2016)

Thanks

Nice, thanks! I was just nervous with the high number. I'll definitely make sure there is a dry period during the day. How long would the dry period have to be for? As soon as the fan goes off the humidity will just bump back up to 90% again within a couple of hours, unless I have the fan come back on an hour later on a timer. I'm also just going to do a light misting on half the cage at night, just so the foliage is wet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Van Helsing View Post
    Would it be ok for a crested to be in humidity levels that are 90% throughout the night, and have two dry out periods of around 50-60 % humidity during the day?
    That's perfect. The high humidity at night is what you want to aim for, with some drying out throughout the day. Dry out period of a couple hours, doesn't have to be exact but at least 2 hours, I would say.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ollie H For This Useful Post:

Dr. Van Helsing (02-16-2016)

Thanks

Thanks Ollie!

Thanks

No problem!

Thanks

Oh shoot I forgot. Put little pebbles in some water cups/plates around the tank to make evaporation a bit slower.