Thread: MY LEACHIE WON'T EAT / DRINK ON HER OWN!

Thanks

Exclamation MY LEACHIE WON'T EAT / DRINK ON HER OWN!

I've had my leachie for a little over a month now and since I got her, she did not eat or drink from her food/water bowl on her own. I've been taking measurements of where the food/water stands and it has been staying at the same measurement from night to night. The only times when I do see her drink is when I mist her and from the water in the CGD when hand fed. Thank
    you!

*Another problem 3 comments down.
    Last edited by jubalbus; 10-10-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks

I have a leachie and numerous gargoyle geckos and crested geckos. In my experience, though I do have water bowls for them, they mostly drink the droplets when the cage is misted. Mostly I have the water bowls to maintain humidity. I have found with most of these geckos that they don't seem to be eating the CGD, yet they are growing and thriving. With a young juvenile, I sometimes dip its nose in the CGD but then I leave them alone and for the most part they do well.

Aliza

Thanks

Keep more of an eye on her weight than on the food dish. If she's losing significant weight, a vet visit might be in order to check for parasites or other problems. If she's not losing weight, she's probably eating, but it might just be a minor amount right now. Could you try a different flavor of food?
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Another thing that I now noticed is that she's been laying in the same spot for the past two days. At night, she did make some twists and turns, but still stayed in that same location.

Thanks

They are not that mobile in general.

Aliza

Thanks

I found that stubborn eaters took to the Pangea breeder formula really well. It is what I predominantly feed to my leachies now.

Thanks

I second trying a different flavor. One of mine came on CGD and rarely ate much. I ordered every flavor of the pangea and found my guys like the fruit and insect best, second is the banana one.

When I first got my leachie he was around a year and half. He would not eat on his own. I hand fed him for over a month and checking his weight. I was worried that all the handling would stress him more, so I left him alone. It took him about a week and now he's good at cleaning his bowl. Also may want to try an elevated bowl if you don't already use one.