Thread: Gargoyle experts- Q for you.

Thanks

Default Gargoyle experts- Q for you.

I am considering getting a garg in a while. i have seen some pics of very light colored Gargs, almost white in color. Is this is common color morph, or very hard to find? I like the looks of the very light ones. TIA.

Thanks

As you may know, gargs, like crested geckos, can be "fired up" or "fired down". They tend to look more white when they are fired down, so you will need to find out whether the gargs in the pictures you've seen are fired up or fired down.

Aliza

Thanks

Thanks. I think they were fired up, but i could be wrong. They looked very vibrant. But to me, i just like the look of a lighter gecko. So if he/she is fired down and light, that is probably going to be ok, too. bc i can't imagine those geckos being very dark if they fire up.

Thanks

So I would second the idea of getting a picture of both fired up & fired down as the colour changes for gargoyles can be quite extreme ends of the scale. One of my hatchling at the moment is pale grey with yellow highlights however when fired up very dark brown. Looks like 2 completely different geckos. It shouldn't be difficult to get a picture of both fired up & fired down I would strongly recommend this if you after something specific. Gargoyle s are great geckos.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Thanks

Here is what i am liking.

Thanks

What's not to like about him!
    However when fired up he could be pretty dark grey which it also very nice but it would be you to have a good idea of his different shade ranges he can go.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Thanks

Name:  IMG_20171113_225015.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  73.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20171113_225201.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  76.5 KB
    This is one of my gargoyles that can go nearly as light as your potential one.
    The first picture is her pretty dark the second one is a lighter picture of her but with eggs on-board hence her size.
    Beautiful but quite different.
    She can also go darker than this at times as well as lighter.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Thanks

I see what you mean. i guess it would not matter to me if it was the color when fired up OR fired down, since it would probably be either at any given moment. I would still have a pretty gecko half the time. Just wondering if it is possible to find these light ones, or if it is difficult to find anything that light and solid colored. I see a lot of red and orange highlights on a few i have seen for sale, but not too many shown like the one i posted.

Thanks

I think I've seen a few fired up gargs that kept their white, or at least only got fired up to a 'light grey' color. So I'm sure they exist, but yeah like above, most 'white' gargs you see are fired own, and when fired up get darker P:

https://www.tikisgeckos.com/collection/
    (their gargs are aaaaaaaaaall the way at the bottom and are good examples of a white garg going dark when firing up lol)

I know it sucks. LOL I love white gargs with red stripes but most of them turn either dark grey or brown when fired up and im like "NOOOO!!"
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanical8Dragon For This Useful Post:

ColleenTroi (11-14-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenTroi View Post
    I see what you mean. i guess it would not matter to me if it was the color when fired up OR fired down, since it would probably be either at any given moment. I would still have a pretty gecko half the time. Just wondering if it is possible to find these light ones, or if it is difficult to find anything that light and solid colored. I see a lot of red and orange highlights on a few i have seen for sale, but not too many shown like the one i posted.
    If one fired up and stayed white I believe it would be super expensive and rare. Since most fire up dark brown, or a mix of black/grey stripes with red/orange/yellow stripes/blotches one that was always white would be rare. Just like white crested geckos are rare and expensive. I find my geckos are fired down during the day when asleep and fire up dark in the evening when more active, so you probably would see it fired up more then fired down. It does depend on the gecko though.

That picture looks probably fired down. You can see the greyish lines on it that would cause it to fire up in a reticulated pattern, and probably brown or grey.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchidilia For This Useful Post:

ColleenTroi (11-14-2017)