Thread: Feeding Crested Gecko cost.

Thanks

Default Feeding Crested Gecko cost.

I'm thinking about getting a crestie, how much would it cost to feed one and what should I feed it? Thanks

Thanks

I recommend Repashy and Pangea food for all crested geckos. If you buy the smaller size bottle/bag ( normally 2 or 3 oz ) they normally range from 10-15 dollars, and usually last 6 months to a year. I would buy atleast 2 different flavors so that your gecko has some variety. The foods come in powder form, you add water until the consistency is like a smoothie/paste.

If the gecko is small they should start out in a smaller enclosure where the food isn't too far from them. Once they get bigger and move up to a tall and big enclosure, you will need a sturdy feeding ledge that located a bit higher up in there home so they don't have to goto the ground to eat. Some geckos love day old food but i wouldn't keep it in there for more than 2 nights

If you choose to feed crickets ,I recommend buying the Repashy calcium supplement to dust the crickets with every once in a while. A 3 oz bottle usually costs around 10 dollars. Only feed crickets twice a week because they are full of fats!

Along with many other things, always consider that these animals can live for over 15 years! And their enclosure needs misting twice a day, everyday throughout their life span

Thanks

You should buy one or two flavours of repashy crested gecko diet or pangea conplete crestie diet. This is about 9 a pack for 2oz and will last a couple months. You can also feed insects but I dont so I wont say anything about that as you dont need to.

Thanks

For one gecko, I would say the same as the previous posters. A couple different flavors of the 2 oz packages of Pangea or Repashy, and will last you a very long time. They don't NEED insects, but it is an enrichment for them if you choose to do so.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Ancient barn cats 0.3.0

EBB "Extra Big Bug" (Madagascar Hissing Cockroach) 1.0.0