Thread: I have all supllies, now I just need to buy one. Advice for selection needed

Thanks

Default I have all supllies, now I just need to buy one. Advice for selection needed

There's a store by my house that breeds their own cresties, a mom & pop operation. I went to look at them and they seem healthy, although a bit young (which makes me a liiiittle nervous because I'm a first time owner). They're all very plain, which I don't mind. However, I know there are some larger herp stores within semi-reasonable driving distance. I don't think I need a fancy one, I'm fine with a $50 plain looking baby, but I wonder if you guys would recommend something else. Should I wait for an expo near me? Should I hold out for a cool morph? Does that really matter considering I am just hoping for one with a good personality? Should I just go for it and stop stalling already?

Thanks

If you don't care, I don't see why not buy one of the more plain ones.

Thanks

Another option: you may be able to find a gecko in need of a home at a local reptile rescue.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

Very young ones are usually going to be pretty skittish for a while. If you don't mind not handling much until they're older, you'd be fine with a plain healthy young one.

If I were you, I'd check around for a plain older one in need of rescue or rehoming (healthy, though, since you are new in caring for them). So many times the plainer ones get passed over. And they can have just as much personality and "fun-factor" as the cool morphs!
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Thanks for all the great advice. I'm looking into reptile rescues around me. Keep it coming guys this is all very helpful!