Thread: Male crest very fat!!

Thanks

Default Male crest very fat!!

I've never actually checked his weight. Hes always been pretty slim for the amount he eats. But over the last 2 weeks he's gained a dramatic amount of weight. He's about 10 years old and not as active as he used to be but he still attempts to be (safely with my supervision). He doesn't seem to be stressed but he hardly ever shows signs of stress. I don't know if I'm freaking out about nothing but his stomach is definitly distended and it happened very quickly. There isn't any specialty vets even remotely close to me. I don't know what to do.

Thanks

If he'll tolerate it, give him a warm soak and see if he poops.

Aliza

Thanks

Thank you ill try that tonight!

Thanks

if it happened very quickly he may be bloated, like stated above, try a warm soak to help aid in his poopin. You could also try feeding him some pureed apricot. It's one of those fruits that are a natural laxitive so it may also help pass whatever is in there. If it is indeed bloating.

Do you have chunky loose substrate in his tank? Impaction IS something that happens in these guys, if there is any chance he maybe have swallowed something too big, chances are it would be hard, if not impossible to pass and he'd need surgery.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Thanks

He has had a habit of eating his substrate in the past. Only the dirt kind he's never tried eating the coco hide and I use that in thw winters for extra insulation but its very possible. I hope my little guy doesnt need surgery, but his tummy is pretty big compared to normal. But he's also had constipation issues in the past. He's not one for soaks, ill try it for sure but hes not a fan of water.

Thanks

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...psgrgkjryz.jpg

He just shed, and he bit me last night. I'm very concerned he's never acted like this before.

Thanks

Default Time for a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Pjjones View Post

He just shed, and he bit me last night. I'm very concerned he's never acted like this before.
    I know there aren't any specialty vets in the area so I think it's time for you to start looking for the closest one in driving distance. If it's only a few hours drive it's worth the peace of mind. Sorry I don't know enough to give you any suggestions. It just sounds like you're very worried and I think it's worth it to find a vet. Keep us updated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pjjones View Post

Have you tried asking in the forum for health and breeding? Also try www.reddit.com/r/crestedgeckos