Thread: Mark (wound?) behind crestie's front leg

Thanks

Question Mark (wound?) behind crestie's front leg

I have small (about 4.2 g) young crestie. I took her out to clean her tank, and noticed she has some sort of mark behind her left front leg. I haven't seen it before, so it's probably recent (two days tops).
    At first I thought it might be stuck food, as she tends to walk around in it quite often, and there was food stuck to the walls that wasn't there this morning. However, I took some closeup images, and they worry me. I'm not sure what's going on.

Images here: https://imgur.com/a/sEscV

She lives in a small tank, alone. Temperature is always in the 22-25 C range (71.6-77 F); humidity never below 55%, and usually 85-90% in the evening, drying out to maybe 75% in the morning, and down to about 65% early evenings (pre-misting, of course).
    There aren't many things in the tank that could hurt her; some fake ficus leaves (probably exo-terra's) which are somewhat pointy at the ends, and the air holes in the tank sides (which I recently took care of, so they shouldn't be sharp) are the only things that are remotely dangerous.

Thanks

Do you have a vet you could take her to? Is that a mark on the skin, or an open wound? If a wound, she may need antibiotics so no infection gets in there until it closes.

Her environment all sounds fine, you are doing everything right.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Ancient barn cats 0.3.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Do you have a vet you could take her to? Is that a mark on the skin, or an open wound? If a wound, she may need antibiotics so no infection gets in there until it closes.
    Thing is, I don't at all know what it is; I was hoping for help to figure that out.
    Good news, though -- I had another look yesterday evening, and it looked much better; it looked more like two 2-dimensional small spots than the dents it looked like earlier, so at this point my guess is that it was stuck food after all. It doesn't look much like a wound anymore (and it certainly couldn't have healed that fast), but it does look like something just stuck to the skin.

I have a vet very close by, but I don't think they know the first thing about reptiles unfortunately (they're not even listed under "other animals"). Reptile-knowledgeable vets are far from nearby.
    Thankfully I think it won't be an issue this time. I'll have another look today, and give her another sauna if it's still there.

Update: It took three nights of trying (I paused or stopped when she seemed too stressed), but I got rid of it all by getting it damp (I sprayed a bit right on her, just in that area, then put her in a short sauna) and very carefully using a wet Q-tip.
    Last edited by exscape; 11-01-2017 at 03:51 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to exscape For This Useful Post:

TAD (10-31-2017)