Thread: Mark (wound?) behind crestie's front leg

Thanks

Question Mark (wound?) behind crestie's front leg

I have small (about 4.2 g) young crestie. I took her out to clean her tank, and noticed she has some sort of mark behind her left front leg. I haven't seen it before, so it's probably recent (two days tops).
    At first I thought it might be stuck food, as she tends to walk around in it quite often, and there was food stuck to the walls that wasn't there this morning. However, I took some closeup images, and they worry me. I'm not sure what's going on.

Images here: https://imgur.com/a/sEscV

She lives in a small tank, alone. Temperature is always in the 22-25 C range (71.6-77 F); humidity never below 55%, and usually 85-90% in the evening, drying out to maybe 75% in the morning, and down to about 65% early evenings (pre-misting, of course).
    There aren't many things in the tank that could hurt her; some fake ficus leaves (probably exo-terra's) which are somewhat pointy at the ends, and the air holes in the tank sides (which I recently took care of, so they shouldn't be sharp) are the only things that are remotely dangerous.

Thanks

Do you have a vet you could take her to? Is that a mark on the skin, or an open wound? If a wound, she may need antibiotics so no infection gets in there until it closes.

Her environment all sounds fine, you are doing everything right.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Do you have a vet you could take her to? Is that a mark on the skin, or an open wound? If a wound, she may need antibiotics so no infection gets in there until it closes.
    Thing is, I don't at all know what it is; I was hoping for help to figure that out.
    Good news, though -- I had another look yesterday evening, and it looked much better; it looked more like two 2-dimensional small spots than the dents it looked like earlier, so at this point my guess is that it was stuck food after all. It doesn't look much like a wound anymore (and it certainly couldn't have healed that fast), but it does look like something just stuck to the skin.

I have a vet very close by, but I don't think they know the first thing about reptiles unfortunately (they're not even listed under "other animals"). Reptile-knowledgeable vets are far from nearby.
    Thankfully I think it won't be an issue this time. I'll have another look today, and give her another sauna if it's still there.

Update: It took three nights of trying (I paused or stopped when she seemed too stressed), but I got rid of it all by getting it damp (I sprayed a bit right on her, just in that area, then put her in a short sauna) and very carefully using a wet Q-tip.
    Last edited by exscape; 11-01-2017 at 03:51 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to exscape For This Useful Post:

TAD (10-31-2017)