Thread: 2 Month old Crested Gecko

Thanks

Lightbulb 2 Month old Crested Gecko

So i was at a Reptile Expo a week ago and came home with a 2 month old Crested Gecko. I was told he/she is 2 month old. When i came home i put him on the scale and he/she is 4g.
    He/she is in a 12x12x12 Exo Terra at the moment. The daytime temps are around 73f and at night 66f.
    The humidity daytime around 68% and at night 81%
    I have not yet attached a light but friends of my have Cresties and they use Exo Terra Repti-Glo 2.0 Compact Fluorescent Full Spectrum and a red light on a dimmer at night. Before i go ahead and buy anything like that i want to make sure that it is ok or if it is a big No No.
    He/She is in the Livingroom same as my Beardies.
    I feed him rapashy and leave food in for 2 days and then replace with fresh stuff. I want to get him/her used to live feeders aswell but do i take him out and put him in a plastic tub with the feeders or leave a dish in the enclosure once aweek?
    He/she is on papertowles at the moment while still small.
    Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I don't use lights for my (nocturnal) cresties unless I have plants in there as well. I have found that lights can really heat up a 12x12x12. I bought the zoo-med double dome mini light for my 8x8x12 with my dwarf geckos and had to turn one of the lights off. I have found that the cresties really like to hunt the crickets and I would recommend putting 1-2 cricket-like feeders in to see if they get eaten. I wouldn't bother with worms; they will just burrow and the next you see of them they will be beetles.

Aliza