Thread: New Gecko Owner Needing Advice

Thanks

Default New Gecko Owner Needing Advice

I have seen multiple different answers to my question so I wanted to ask on here. I will be getting my first crested Gecko next week along with the Pangea crested gecko kit. I have read that the gecko at 10-12 weeks will be too small to put in the big terrarium and I should keep him in something smaller. I have also read that it will be fine as long as there is more than one place for it to find food. I do not have a scale to weigh my gecko so I donít have a reference point on what the size is when reading some of the other threads. I would really like to put it in the larger tank if it will not stress my new gecko out but obviously I want to do what is best for my new little friend.

Thanks

Well i'd say it being around 3 to 5 months is a good time to get it in a nice terrarium, but it really depends on what you want. It shouldn't go in a very big one, it can be a bit stressful for it but a small terrarium is good with paper towels so it can find it's food easy. Moving it up to a larger terrarium will depend on your geckos growth rate from what i can tell

Thanks

its always a good idea to start off in a smaller enclosure if you have a young gecko. That way you can monitor there poop and eating habits. And just there general health. At a young age they shed often, and when they shed their feet pads are not sticky, they wont climb as much and like to hang lower to the ground. Shedding can be problem for all geckos but especially young ones, so if hes having issues you have easier access to him in a smaller enclosure