Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Very skinny crested gecko

Thanks

UPDATE: So my weighting scales finally came and Iím just after weighting my gecko.

2.21grams
    3 inches long from head to tail
    5 and a half months old.

What do you think ? He\she look a bit fatter than before also.

Thanks

There's no picture there, but it sounds like he could be fine, just a slow grower.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

2.21 g at 5.5 months sounds pretty extreme for a slow grower though, doesn't it? Mine was at 2.95 g at about 6 months and I thought that was extreme.
    She started eating (and pooping) way more when I switched to Pangea With Insects, and she's now up to 4.16 g -- a growth of 41% in two months, or 0.57 g/month on average.

Thanks

I guess it must a really slow grower since it does seem healthy Iím sorry about not uploading a picture but it wouldnít let me for some reason. I am using repashy grubs and fruit and Pangea banana and papaya and feeding crickets once a week Iíll keep weighting every week see if thereís any improvements. Thank you everyone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to liwia1177 For This Useful Post:

TAD (11-01-2017)

Thanks

Hi everyone, I got my 25 watt ceramic heat emitter and a lamp dimmer (I know a thermostat is safer but they are quite expensive so I decided to try the dimmer first ). I put it at the top of the mesh top in one corner (outside the enclosure) and I put the thermometer at the very bottom. Thereís no leaves in this corner so the gecko canít get too close and get burned, thers branches just sitting on the ground in this corner and he enjoys walk-in on them, thought it was safe as he wonít be too close to the bulb if he decided to sit in the warm corner my question is, what should be the temperature in that corner ? I donít wanna set it too high, at the minute i keep it at 25 degrees Celsius in the corner and I have another thermometer on the other side of the viv which shows 22-23 degrees. Should I let the corner be 27 degrees so the rest of the enclosure is a bit warmer or does it need the cooler places?Before I stared heating it the temperature would usually be 20-21 degrees. Also thereís a heat mat on one side but itís only 6watt so it doesnít really do anything . Thank you everyone