Thread: Flighty geckos

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Flighty geckos

TBD (formerly Hygge), is still quite skittish, and was living up to his new name yesterday (Tiny Badass Dragon). Sometimes I still have a really hard time catching him when I want to clean his tank. Yesterday I tried the toilet paper roll trick - getting him to go in that while blocking one end with my hand, and then putting the whole thing in a Gladware container while I cleaned. Worked like a charm. And so easy to let him back into the tank when done. I did the same thing for TAD, although he was already in a cork tube, so I just picked that up and put it in the Kritter Keeper - no problem.

I also weighed TBD while he was in there; he's gained 3 grams since I got him last April. Not a lot, but at least he's growing. I ordered a package of 25 dubias to see if both geckos will eat them. But shipping time is running out before our cold winters, and I don't really trust buying them from the pet stores - most of them are dead in their containers, from what I can tell. Anyway, without having to keep a colony as I think that would probably be a bit much for just two geckos, any suggestions for a good place to get them? Dubias.com has already stopped shipping for the season.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

I think I mentioned in the other thread that I've gotten my dubias from dubideli.com and have been very happy with them. Glad to hear your geckos are getting easier to handle!
    0.2.0 Correlophus ciliatus (Shale Pebble and Cheddar Blocks)

Tiny paper plates for your geckos! https://www.etsy.com/shop/crestedelegance

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jubilos For This Useful Post:

TAD (10-18-2017)

Thanks

I bought my colony starters on Amazon for a great price from West Coast Roaches. I contacted them immediately with my order info and asked to sign for the package so they wouldn't be left in the cold. I got them last December and only 1 of 100 was dead and my colony is thriving.
    1.0.0 Scorgi "Winston"1.1.0 Cats "Mr. Mustache, Daenerys"1.1.0 Mountain Horned Dragons "Charles, Charlotte"
    2.0.0 Bearded Dragons "Mushu, Thorn"1.3.6.6 Crested Geckos "Noctis, LunaFreya, Artemis, Pandora"
    More fish than I care to count including clown fish, damselfish, angelfish, gourami, loaches and cichlids.