Thread: African fat tail will not eat

Thanks

Default African fat tail will not eat

Ok so back in June i got a Male African fat tail from a very reputable breeder at a expo since i got him he has not eaten he has pooped he drinks plenty of water and walks around alot and ive notice him licking calcium and and shedding very well the breeder told me they used to feed him crickets i personally dont use crickets often with my geckos so I've tried superworms, wax worms, meal worms, calci worms, and dubias and he has shown them no interest is there any possible way to get him to eat othsr then crickets like maybe use alil bit of pangea bug on his nose then on a worm or something give me your tips people please and thank you.

Thanks

I have found AFT's to be notoriously picky as eaters. I've had one AFT that eats super worms and the rest have been strictly crickets. I have never tried dubias. Has he lost weight (i.e. tail getting smaller)? If not, he may be eating anyway. My only suggestion is to cave in and get some crickets to see if that makes any difference.

Aliza

Thanks

Ive noticed he hasnt lost much weight he's shedding normally and I'm not finding shed anywhere while cleaning so hes eating that at least and his poop looks normal which tells me he's probably just being a picky eater I'm probably gonna have to cave n get crickets I guess to get some food in him