Thread: Continual Aggression

Thanks

Default Continual Aggression

Hello, I've had my 4 yr old male Crestie separated from the female after they both became aggressive toward each other. I read they become like this when they are "teenagers" and it lasts "a couple of week" but Baby my male is going on 6 weeks now and will savagely bit and thrash my fingers! He actively stalks my fingers but refuses live prey. He used to be so mild and gentle, now he's actually leaving teeth marks. Is this normal? Should I take him to the vet or is this a hormonal phase? Right now he's got a serious tight bite grip on my shorts! Any and all advice is welcome!
    Thank you.

Thanks

I have a crestie that does this as well. When I open the cage, I approach it with a cloth or (thin) towel in my hand. I let him grab on and do his biting thing and then I stroke his head, feed him some CGD and talk to him. If I do this every day, he gets calmer and doesn't attack as readily. If I'm holding him in one hand in the towel, I can often slip my other hand around him and then hold him in a way that prevents him from getting hold of me. It does seem to calm him down and our interactions have been much better lately.

Aliza

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acpart For This Useful Post:

bunyz (10-10-2017),Treebiscuit (10-11-2017)

Thanks

Thanks Aliza. I couldn't bear to not hold by Baby or be bitten so I was wearing gloves. I would take one off so he could feel my skin but I didn't do this on a continual basis because I didn't know if I was going to make it worse but I see from your experience I need to. I appreciate you sharing! :-)

Thanks

Then there was the time he launched himself at my face and grabbed my cheek with his mouth!

Aliza