Thread: Semi-Urgent; Smoke Inhalation?

Thanks

Question Semi-Urgent; Smoke Inhalation?

Hey all, I've got a question concerning my ~1 year old crestie-

A fire's started near my home- not near enough for the actual fire to threaten- but the outside smells worse than sticking your face in a campfire. My mom had closed the windows when the smoke started to get bad, but the AC unit in my room has a bad filter and now the room where my crestie stays smells- The AC unit is now off, but it still smells in there.
    We have an air quality warning- saying not to exercise outside- do I need to be worried? My rooms smells but the terrarium still smells its normal damp-earthy smell. Should I move him tonight? Doing that wouldn't be easy, So i only wanna do it if he's in potential real danger.

Let me know what you think, or if there's anything else I can do for him!

Thanks

This might be too late as I just saw this, this morning, but could you put a damp towel or dish towel over the top of his tank, just to try to keep some of the smoke out?
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Keep an eye on him, if you notice irregular breathing, lethargy, or any sort of ocular or nasal discharge get your gecko to a vet ASAP.
    2.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus

Thanks

See if you can get some electric HEPA air filters for your home. It will benefit both you and the gecko, by helping to filter out smoke and particulates. If he shows any signs of being sick, it would be worth scheduling a vet check-up. If you get a vet who knows what they're doing and catch it early enough, they can give you antibiotics to treat respiratory infections, which is your main concern here.