Thread: My leachie can't stick to glass!

Thanks

Exclamation MY LEACHIE CAN'T STICK TO GLASS

As said in the title, my leachie can't stick to glass.
    -The humidity in her 18x18x24 enclosure is about 70%.
    -The tempurature in her enclosure is between 72-80* F.
    -She eats Pangea Fruit Mix™ With Insects Complete Gecko Diet.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jubalbus; 10-05-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks

We tried our leachie's in Exo-terra for about a week but could never keep the humidity right so we moved them to tubs. They seem much happier but they never even try to climb the walls and I don't remember if they could climb the glass. Our Chahoua can climb anything!

Thanks

Half of the screen top of her enclosure is covered with acrylic, so the humidity is being kept at a steady and healthy scale. She is currently doing well in her terrarium, other than the fact that she can't stick to glass, as leachies naturally do.

Thanks

if it really is a humidity issue, then you can take steps to hold it in. what substrate do you use? some are a bit more absorbent than others, of course. you could also place something on the mesh lid, use a humidifier... you have a few options there.
    otherwise, this might be something else. i don't know much about leachies aside from the fact that their care is pretty similar to all of the other rhacs (i think?). according to what you said and what the internet says, they also eat the fruit mixes. i think it's possible that the gecko might have just gotten food on its feet and it dried on. if we go back to the substrate again, that's also a possible factor here - depending on what you use, some might have gotten stuck to the gecko's sticky feet, making it hard for her to stick to anything.
    i found a video a while back (made by the same person i got my crestie from) on what to do in your situation; basically just give the gecko a "bath." obviously it's not really a bath, but you get a plastic container big enough for your gecko to fit in, poke/drill a few small holes into the lid, and place some soaked paper towels inside, followed by the gecko. you watch the gecko (don't walk away) for, if i remember correctly, about 10-15 minutes before taking the gecko out and using q-tips to gently swab at the gecko's feet to get any remaining gunk off. not sure how easy this would be with a leachie considering how much bigger they can be, but i'd say it's worth a try if you discover the humidity isn't the problem here. i can also send the video if you need it.

Thanks

The humidity is not an issue.
    I use cypress mulch as substrate.
    Her feet are clean, and she's received a "bath."

Thanks

i didn't see your post until much after i posted mine. my apologies.
    is she still not climbing any better?

Thanks

She isn't climbing better. I appolagize about my delay in posting- for some reason, all of my posts need to be approved by a moderator before they are visible.

Thanks

comment deleted (accidental repeat)
    Last edited by jubalbus; 10-09-2017 at 08:44 PM. Reason: repeat