Thread: Forum posts question

Thanks

Default Forum posts question

Why do some threads only show up in the Activity Stream and not under New Posts? For along time I was only looking at New Posts, but then I started noticing that there a lot of unanswered questions in the Activity Stream link...maybe no one is seeing them?
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Is it possible that the ones you aren't seeing are posters who have to wait for their threads and comments to be approved by a mod?
    1.0.0 Scorgi "Winston" 1.1.0 Cats "Mr. Mustache, Daenerys" 1.1.0 Mountain Horned Dragons "Charles, Charlotte"
    2.0.0 Bearded Dragons "Mushu, Thorn" 1.3.4.8 Crested Geckos "Noctis, LunaFreya, Artemis, Pandora"
    More fish than I care to count including clown fish, damselfish, angelfish, gourami, loaches and cichlids.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sareena For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (10-03-2017)

Thanks

I inquired about this a while ago. Sareena is correct. Apparently there are alot of people trying to post spam. I haven't seen much spam. However they are taking care of it... it must be working.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Tom For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (10-03-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    I inquired about this a while ago. Sareena is correct. Apparently there are alot of people trying to post spam. I haven't seen much spam. However they are taking care of it... it must be working.
    So sorry to butt in but I am having this issue as well. I haven't ever spammed though so I am confused.
    0.1.0.4 Crested Gecko: Bluebell 🦎
    0.1 Syrian Hamster: Posie 🐹
    0.1 Domestic Short Hair Calico Cat: Cookie 🐈
    1.0 Double Tail Betta: Arctic 🌊

Thanks

Hi, I got a crestie about a month ago and he's doing great but, today i accidentally shut the end of his tail in the door of his cage. (i felt really really bad and apologized over and over again in tears) he didn't drop it though.
    i was wondering if there is anything i could do for him? the area that got hit has gotten shiny. a little bit of skin peeled off on one side but there isn't any blood of fluid coming out of any kind. also the area after the shiny part has gotten slightly darker and the pattern is now misaligned with the rest of his tail. if you know of anything i could door for my friend i would love to hear from you! Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrestedCritters View Post
    So sorry to butt in but I am having this issue as well. I haven't ever spammed though so I am confused.
    I have moderated at another forum in the past, for a short period of time, so I have only a little bit of experience with this. Your posts don't get moderated because you spammed before. It depends on the parameters set by the site. You usually wont ever see spam because it is caught in moderation... along with some good posts that were flagged. It is common for new users or specific word sets to cause a flag to go up and send a post to moderation. It is nothing personal and helps keep the forum from getting slammed. Moderation is usually turned back off when the spam gets slow. I would guess that it is heavy still.

Thanks

There are still a number of posts in the Activity Stream out there from several days ago, that I haven't seen elsewhere.

The cattle dog forum that I moderate (much like this one) has been having an inordinate amount of spam, but we catch it before registrations are approved. Normal posts generally go through right away.

I try to respond to the ones I think I can help, but of course there are many requesting information that I have no knowledge of. I am feeling a little frustrated for these people as they don't seem to be getting any answers. Not a criticism, just wondering if there is a better way.

On another note, please let me know if I am jumping in way too often, or providing info that is incorrect. I know I've been posting a lot (yes, I do need a life, lol!), but, I am enjoying my geckos so much, and like sharing stories and info. I am learning so much from all of you, and it is exciting to me!
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0