Thread: My crestie hasn't shed yet? Is this bad?

Thanks

Question My crestie hasn't shed yet? Is this bad?

Hello! I just got my first crestie exactly one month ago. He was 5 months old when I got him and is now 6 months old. He's been eating and pooping just fine. I keep his cage at around 70 degrees and I do a heavy spray each night around 6-10pm (He wakes up at 6 since that's when it starts getting dark). I keep a cloth over half of his cage to help hold in the humidity but still keep air flowing through freely. I do not yet have a humidity gauge so I am not sure what exactly the humidity is. I plan to order one this week since I just got paid.

He hasn't shed at all in the month I've had him. I read online that sometimes you often won't actually see them shedding, but I figured I'd find his shed skin in the cage like I have with the other reptiles I've had. He has a basic paper towel set up and places to hide and I've always found his poop just fine.

Should I be worried? Do you think it's most likely the humidity and I should be spraying more? Thanks in advance

Thanks

Cresties eat their shed so you will probably never notice. Sometimes I may find a tiny piece that they scrapped off on a log in the enclosure but I have actually owned one of my geckos for 6 months and have never seen a shed. I take that as a good thing because that means I have the humidity perfect. He is able to shed and eat his skin all in one night with no problems which is what you want.

Thanks

I have had my crestie for a year now, and I have only seen her shed once, same with my leo which I've had for 4 years, so most of the time they do it late at night so you don't notice.
    Lumi, my crestie
    Lacey, my old leo
    Cornelius the snake
    M.H.C.s
    Rico and Hans the budgies
    mice galore

Thanks

Same here. I've had TAD for a year and a half, and only found one shed.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hygge (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Cuban False Chameleon), 2.2.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) 0.2.0, Ancient barn cats 0.3.0