Thread: Thermometers & Hygrometers?

Thanks

Default Thermometers & Hygrometers?

I've used analogs thermometers and hygrometers since I've gotten my first crestie, luckily they've been fairly accurate but they do brake down after a few months or so. I'm not oppose to them over digital but I do want to try a digital device and want to know what you all use? Brand/make? I recently bought a All Living Things Digital Thermometer and don't know if I"m satisfied with it enough to buy it's hygro version. I want to be able to go down to the pet store and buy one but if there a decently priced one online I'll consider. That being said, what are you all using? Analog or digital, I'd like to know.

Thanks

I like this combination (digital) thermometer and hygrometer: http://a.co/3AGzcfA (Amazon link). It was recommended by someone on this forum- CrestieFu, I think. I have two and am really happy with them. The max/min feature is nice especially in the summer, to make sure the tanks don't get too warm during the day when I'm out of the house.
    0.2.0 Correlophus ciliatus (Shale Pebble and Cheddar Blocks)

Tiny paper plates for your geckos! https://www.etsy.com/shop/crestedelegance

Thanks

I use the digital Pangea hygrometer/thermometer sold here for $11.99. It has worked well for me.

http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/p...ygrometer.html
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

I use the all living things combo and it seems to work well for me. I also have a zoomed combo and it seems pretty good too. I've learned that none of them are super accurate but having a general idea is better then nothing and digital is better then analog regardless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    I use the digital Pangea hygrometer/thermometer sold here for $11.99. It has worked well for me.

http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/p...ygrometer.html
    So jealous of those american prices. It's like 30 dollars for a digital thermo/hygro combo meter in Canada.

Thanks

Ouch, $30 for the combo in Canada?! Seems like it's hard to keep reptiles in Canada haha. I agree though, better to have a general idea. I've luckily had no problem with analog them/hygrometers. The problem is that break down fairly quickly. Specially when your adult gecko is constantly laying on top of them/jumping on them. Which is why I want to know which ones people use.

Thanks

I've tried using our older digital accurite. The temp gauge is great, but it doesn't give any accuracy with humidity. It's actually never even shown over 64. I tried the zoo med analog and i went through two that didn't give humidity readings all together. The first one came close to being fair, but the temp gauge never worked, and opposite with the second. I have a new crested gecko which is my first reptile, and i can't tell humidity all too well so does anyone know of an accurate, or at least fair one? I wouldn't even mind calibrating it with a towel or salt trick, as long as it was accurate from then on.

Thanks

I use a ThermoPro TP55 hygrometer/thermometer. I bought it off Amazon for $18 CAD and it works just fine.

Thanks

The Pangea one has a probe, and the gauge itself is on the outside of the tank, so no worries about reptiles jumping or resting on it. You would just need to make sure that you didn't spray the probe directly, as it will then register at 99% until it dries out again.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

Update: I returned my All Living Things Digital Thermometer, the reading on it never really went below 78F which is weird considering my house has been dropping to about 62F by morning and even the thermometer strips I have in the tanks (from long ago) were reading below 70F. So I didn't trust it. It also didn't have anything to adhere it to the tank.

I did however order the digital therm/hygrometer from the Pangea website. Trusting you TAD haha. I went to literally every pet store here in town and could not find a digital therm/hygrometer for under $30. Although with shipping, the Pangea one came out to $17. We'll see how it works out.