Thread: Mildly Concered leopard gecko owner

Thanks

Default Mildly Concered leopard gecko owner

So i have had my leopard gecko melrone since december last year , it strikes me odd and a bit concerning for past month though she has been shedding i havent seen her eat very much or at all sometimes she moves around the tank and all that fine but none of the meal worms are gone and rarely eats the crickets i place in there though she does et one or two most days but her tail has thinned out and bit. All she has done lately is sleep or lick and move her head around with her eye closed and im not sure why i even placed a meal worm on the ground and she showed no interest in it at al. even when i click the tongs that i use when its feeding time doesnt get her attention. maybe i am nervous for no reason and its just her routine to winter and fall coming.
    she is housed in a long tank im not sure how long. heating mat under one side as well as a heating lamp during day light hours. Meal worms always in her tank and removed after a few days as well as fresh water. last time i weighed her she was 56 grams and growing but ive caught a cold and havent been able to reweigh her just yet , i can possibly get a weigh in by next week. any help would be great with this or just ease my mind.

Thanks

I find that around this time of year, especially as the daylight length gets shorter, the appetites go down as well as the energy level (I have a lot of leopard geckos). A small amount of weight loss and decreased activity is OK. I have had geckos not eat for a surprising amount of time and be fine. The thing to watch out for is diarrhea and swift, visible weight loss. that would require a vet visit. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Aliza

Thanks

alright thanks , she is the first leopard gecko ive owned so it bothered me a bit since she wasnt like this when i got her dyring the winter . thanks for the help.