Thread: Created Gecko downhill.

Thanks

Default Created Gecko downhill.

Hi

The past week my cresty has gone downhill rather quickly. He seemed to be a bit quiet the days up to where he started to lay on the floor digging up the moss laying under than. I didnít think much to it as people have said theirs sleep on the floor? He was also hiding under the egg crate from the cricket tub that I put in.

2/3 days after this Iíve noticed he is looking quite skinny and then the next day he has started his shed. Only his head had shed properly the rest I have had to help him with which is where Iíve started to get really conecerend. At this point he is looking really emaciated, Iíve dapped his nose with some food and heís taken this and thatís all heís eaten as far as Iím aware, no appetite.

Iíve noticed that his feet arenít sticky either and he is extremely sluggish. Leading up to this morning he has gone more and more downhill. Iíve placed paper towel and cardboard tubes on the floor so heís not on dirt and can feel safe inside them. However this morning Iíve found him laying on his back which was upsetting. He was moving when I disturbed him, is this something they do if they sleep?! However picking him up this morning to move him I fear the worst for when I get home.

If you have any advice please let me know!

He is only 10 months old and has been extremely healthy up to this point Iíve had him since the breeder said he was old enough to go.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks

Some of them do prefer to sleep on the floor, and most love hides, so that's not too concerning. Being on his back is concerning. If you have a vet available, I would take him as soon as possible. Good luck. What were his previous living conditions?
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Hi

He has always been in the same cage which is fully planted. Itís as if he has changed over night! He always slept on the leaves of his plant which is the centrepiece.

Thanks

Thereís not much anyone on the internet can tell you except that it sounds bad and your gecko needs to see a vet. In the meantime, you could try a ďbathĒ to make sure heís hydrated: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mSuirE906p0

Do you have a vet nearby that you can bring him to?