Thread: ZooMed ReptiBreeze? 18x18x36

Thanks

Default ZooMed ReptiBreeze? 18x18x36

https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Repti...Q4WGD7KATCGVSG

I'm sorry I'm posting so much, but I came across this! On my quest to find different options.
    And I thought it would be nice for my crestie when s/he gets to a good weight.
    I have trouble with keeping my humidity down past 60%(even with my ceiling fan on) during the day, and I thought this would be a better option for Littlefoot. It's full screen all around, and doesn't just have the top screened.

Would this be okay/What do you think?
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    #Adopt don't shop

Thanks

Anyone?
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    #Adopt don't shop

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend it! Hanging plants, decorations, and ledges won't stick, the gecko can't climb it well or at all, it is absolutely TERRIBLE for humidity. And, if you use heating, that won't stay either.

Thanks

You'd have to find a way to solidify at least 3 of the sides. I've used these before and they're a great, cheaper alternative to get a big gecko more room without breaking the bank.

I don't 100% agree with the above comment. Plants and decor can stick to it, you just need to use hot glue (wanna move em in the future? Get a blow-dryer and let it run over the hot glue glob for a couple minutes, softens it right up and you can just pop it off). That or get some thin zip-ties and find a way to tie them all together. Geckos have ZERO issue climbing screen... they have claws.

Humidity though, yes, it would be an issue, hence why I mentioned how you'll have to block at least 3 sides of the cage. People have gotten plexiglass or other forms of plastic cut to size to fit into the frames and glue them in place. I've seen people also use.. oh what's it called... it comes in a huge roll and is used to 'plastic wrap' gifts. It's what you see Easter baskets and such wrapped with in stores, that clear thick plastic stuff? People have used that as well. I tried it, but it tears really easily, you'd have to be careful.

Hard to make a bioactive tank out of, unless you do all air plants. They do make 'pans' for the bottom if you want to put a substrate in, but you still need to be careful with weight. The bottom can fail really easily.

Honestly, if I had a garage and my own tools to cut plexi glass? I'd be using repti-breeze tanks over my heavy as hell exo terra tanks @_@. The modifications needed to make these viable tanks for geckos is super easy and cheap, but if you don't have a place that can cut plexi glass and such for ya, it's a pain. Which is my case.

If you can do these modifications, I say give it a try. I'd test it first with blocked sides so you can figure out how many sides you need open/closed to get your desired humidity results (read you have a hard time getting humidity to drop, 60% honestly isn't that bad for a final drop %. so I wouldn't fret over it. You're ok ) you may find you need more areas closed up that you previously thought. Better to figure that all out BEFORe adding the gecko hehe.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanical8Dragon For This Useful Post:

PersonalZookeeper (09-27-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical8Dragon View Post

Geckos have ZERO issue climbing screen... they have claws.
    LOL, totally forgot that! I think of my baby, (Leviathan), who was born without claws and I've gotten very accustomed to that! So, I forgot that most NORMAL geckos have claws and not just 'sticky pads'.

If, user PersonalZooKeeper, you wanted to go the easy route, just use a tall and clear (doesn't matter if opaque, I'd just like to see my gecko) storage box! Not so much attractive but, it doesn't matter as long as the gecko can live and thrive in there. I currently am taking care of a hatchling for a friend, so I'm using a box about the size of a shoebox for him. He wanders around and loves it in there, always watching me through the plastic. When they get bigger, you could do what user above said with the reptibreeze or just get a bigger box. Make sure it is big enough for the gecko to live in without being stressed!