Thread: Breeding.

Thanks

Question Breeding.

Hi! I am new to the breeding world. I am just looking for some pointers. Some helpful words of wisdom to guide me down this path. The biggest question I have it when is the latest you can pair a male and female in the year? I have some basic knowledge.

Thanks

My understanding is that breeding season is generally from around Feb-Aug. You can pair them whenever you want, but obviously there will only be eggs if she's ovulating. In my opinion the most important issues are having a place to incubate at a relatively stable temperature, which may or may not be an incubator, and having adequate housing and food for the offspring.

Aliza

Thanks

Most often, it's about Feb-Sep. but some people do winter pairings. But it's a lot harder, as you have to provide extra heat and lighting
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

I think the most important factor to breeding is what are your goals for the geckos you produce and how are you wanting to fit into this industry. Its important to ask yourself why you're doing this and what the plans and goals are going to be especially if you cannot sell any of the babies. My apologies if I seem negative or anything. I just feel its important to think about all of these things before breeding.
    Facebook: Avid Exotics

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlyPaws For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (09-24-2017)