Thread: Leg Kick

Default Leg Kick

Hello, I haven't posted on this forum for quite a while...

I was observing my crestie today and i saw him kick? His leg up? Like he stayed mostly still, but lifted up one of his back legs pretty fast and like touched his back for half a second before putting it back down. He also did it a couple times while walking (when he would go to move this leg he would kick it up in the same way). But as I watched him, he stopped doing it after a few steps? He walked normally afterwards and I haven't seen him do it ever before.

Has anyone seen this behavior in their gecko? I am wondering if maybe he has something stuck on his back or foot, but I haven't seen anything on him.

He eats Pangea Complete with insects and has a very good appetite. Temperature has been a bit warm lately, but never over 80 and I always try to keep it below and in the 70s. He sheds well. Active.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have any experience with it, but it's probably nothing to worry about as long as he is walking normally otherwise now.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Sounds to me like he might have had a leg cramp he was trying to get rid of or something like that. It doesn't sound worrisome.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

My gecko sometimes flicks his legs when he walks. I always thought it was because he was sticking to the paper towel and trying to get his feet loose lol, or had something on his foot (CGD possibly).

I've seen cresteds do some pretty odd stuff before. As long as it isn't something that he keeps doing constantly, I wouldn't worry.
    2.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus