Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish tanks? who has fish tanks???

Thanks

Default Fish tanks? who has fish tanks???

Finally able to start mine up again after about 4 years. Here she is now, still cycling:

Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Thanks

Yes! I love your tank!
    I have a Fluval tank that I plan on planting soon. Nothing big, just some Java Fern and etc. since this is my first planted tank.
    Also waiting until I can purchase a dumbo ear Betta fish, and I am SO excited...
    I hate cycling though, I just want my fish!
    Hailey Rose
    1.0 Correlophus Ciliatus ~ Gobi
    0.1 Maltese/Terrier ~ Mazy
    1.0 Bichon Frise/Shih Tzu ~ Milo

Thanks

48 gallon here.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

i have a fish tank, but it's not planted, it's not necessarily the prettiest (in the way it's been set up and its colors), and it's currently covered by a towel as the one fish i keep in it (a betta) has velvet...it's not exactly in the best condition at the moment. i'd love to start a community tank someday, and some of the saltwater species fascinate me more than any other creature.

Thanks

My nitrites just showed up this mornin'. Tank was super clear yesterday and woke up to a cloudy tank. YAY BACTERIA BLOOM! So I tested Nitrites and got a .25ppm reading. WOOT! (has been reading 0 for a week) This was roughly when I expected the cycle to kick in. My last tank took about a week too before I started seeing the bacteria bloom and nitrite presence.

I have some plant leaves melting back, it's one of my nicer plants >_> so hopefully it holds on. HANG IN THERE LITTLE GREEN BABES!

Now I estimate about 2 more weeks of daily to bi-daily water testing before I start seeing ammonia gone within 24hrs. I like doing a solid week of nothing but 4ppm ammonia dosing with it gone in 24hrs before adding my fish. Lets me know my bacteria is full of badass bosses LOL. Let's me add my full stock right off the bat.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

Thanks

I have off and on for years. I have an 80 gal. Up right now but it's just a grow out for goldfish so be put in my father's pond.

I also have a 40B with two painted turtles though! They are cool.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Thanks

very nice. I'd like to have a koi pond at some point in the future heheh
    Sovereign Reptiles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical8Dragon View Post
    very nice. I'd like to have a koi pond at some point in the future heheh
    Dad has a pond that is 80 feet by 60 feet and roughly 10feet at the deepest point.

It's a nice pond and they do great in there. But he has bluegill so they don't reproduce and you can't put them in small enough to be eaten. Lol

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Thanks

We have a 120 gallon South American Cichlid tank, a 29 gallon saltwater tank, and a 5 gallon tank that is home to a crayfish. We've recently downgraded and got rid of our angelfish breeding operation. We've had up to 8 tanks at once and it gets a little crazy at times. Lol
    1.0.0 Scorgi "Winston" 1.1.0 Cats "Mr. Mustache, Daenerys" 1.1.0 Mountain Horned Dragons "Charles, Charlotte"
    2.0.0 Bearded Dragons "Mushu, Thorn" 1.3.4.8 Crested Geckos "Noctis, LunaFreya, Artemis, Pandora"
    More fish than I care to count including clown fish, damselfish, angelfish, gourami, loaches and cichlids.

Thanks

My family is great with fish tanks but all mine end up being vivariums. My dad isn't happy with all my tanks during our move. Hopefully will have some animals in them eventually.